Dupratt named February Skier of the Month
March 5, 2013
Sam Dupratt earned the right to be named the Park City Ski Team February skier of the month by establishing himself as one of the strongest super G skiers in the country among his peers.
During the early season, Dupratt skied into the top 10 in two NorAm super Gs, finishing in the top 3 in the junior category on both occasions. His strong NorAm results in Canada in early February sealed a World Junior Championship birth where Dupratt went on to capture 13th place in the super G and was the top American finisher in the race.
"Sam has continued to gain momentum throughout the season," said John Buchar, men’s head coach. "With his result in Quebec at the World Junior Championships, he is proving he is not only a top American SG skier, but a top competitor worldwide."
Dupratt is home training and racing in Park City as preparation for the NorAm Finals March 11-17.
Five hundred dollars will be donated to the Park City Scholarship Fund on behalf of Sam Dupratt by Gaddis Investments.
Trending In: Sports
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Park City golf is teed up for another Region 11 title
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken