Dupratt named February Skier of the Month
March 5, 2013
Sam Dupratt earned the right to be named the Park City Ski Team February skier of the month by establishing himself as one of the strongest super G skiers in the country among his peers.
During the early season, Dupratt skied into the top 10 in two NorAm super Gs, finishing in the top 3 in the junior category on both occasions. His strong NorAm results in Canada in early February sealed a World Junior Championship birth where Dupratt went on to capture 13th place in the super G and was the top American finisher in the race.
"Sam has continued to gain momentum throughout the season," said John Buchar, men’s head coach. "With his result in Quebec at the World Junior Championships, he is proving he is not only a top American SG skier, but a top competitor worldwide."
Dupratt is home training and racing in Park City as preparation for the NorAm Finals March 11-17.
Five hundred dollars will be donated to the Park City Scholarship Fund on behalf of Sam Dupratt by Gaddis Investments.
Trending In: Sports
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Elite international competition returns to Soldier Hollow for first time since 2002
- Star snowboarder Jamie Anderson uses World Champs podium to denounce FIS president