Gus Kenworthy up for ESPY award
July 7, 2016
Olympic silver medalist Gus Kenworthy (Telluride, Colorado) has received a nomination for the 2016 ESPY Awards after a stellar 2015-16 season. Kenworthy is nominated in the Best Male Action Sports Athlete category.
This season, Kenworthy won two X Games medals in Aspen, Colorado — a silver in SuperPipe and a silver in slopestyle — making him the first athlete to medal in each event at the same X Games since 2005. Plus, he added two more X Games medals to his collection in Oslo, Norway, won the European Freeski Open and led a halfpipe sweep at the U.S. Grand Prix in Mammoth, California.
U.S. Snowboarding's Jamie Anderson and Chloe Kim are nominated in the Best Female Action Sports Athlete category. Kim is also nominated for Best Breakthrough Athlete.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality
- Elite international competition returns to Soldier Hollow for first time since 2002
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Lady Miner named Swimmer of the Meet for 4th straight state finals
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores