Jamie Anderson wins ESPY
July 22, 2016
Jamie Anderson (South Lake Tahoe, California) took home an ESPY Award last Wednesday for Best Female Action Sports Athlete.
This season, Anderson boasted a win at the Burton US Open in slopestyle, a silver medal at the X Games slopestyle and a win at the Olympic test event in PyeongChang, Korea. Add to that her titles as the 2016 FIS World Cup slopestyle champion and World Snowboarding Federation's World Championship titles in slope and big air, and it's no mystery why she won the ESPY.
"So thankful on so many levels!" wrote Anderson on Instagram. "I wouldn't be where I am today without the love, support & encouragement of my family, friends & of course my sponsors. Thanks for making my Dreams a reality! Unbelievably grateful."
Anderson won over her teammate Chloe Kim (Torrance, California) and surfers Keala Kennelly and Carissa Moore. It is her third ESPY Award, after winning the same honor in 2014 and the award for Best Female U.S. Olympian.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)