Jerome soars to eighth in Sweden
March 18, 2014
FALUN, Sweden (March 15) Park City’s Jessica Jerome jumped into eighth during the women’s normal hill competition Saturday at the site of the 2015 Falun FIS Nordic World Ski Championships. Jerome’s jumped 84.5 and 87 meters with a combined score of 201.5, which was good enough to put her in the top ten behind winner Sara Takanashi of Japan. Takanashi’s teammate Yuki Ito finished second followed by Julia Kykkaenen of Finland in third.
Strong wind gusts forced the cancellation of a second round of competition scheduled for Sunday. The women now head to Planica, Slovenia, for the final jump of the season.
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Juniors shine as Park City football wallops Ben Lomond in 45-7 region opener
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?