Junior Nordic teams named for Junior Worlds
February 5, 2016
The U.S. Ski Team has named 14 Nordic combined and ski jumping athletes to compete in the FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships in Rasnov, Romania, Feb. 23-28.
Jasper Good (Steamboat Springs, Colorado) will lead the five-member Nordic combined squad, competing in his fourth Junior Worlds. Kevin Bickner (Park City) heads up a four-man men’s ski jumping team, taking a break from competing on the FIS Ski Jumping World Cup tour to participate in his third Junior Worlds.
Logan Sankey (Steamboat Springs) returns for a second time to Junior Worlds, joining her teammates for the five-woman jumping team. The five women from clubs around the country have come through Women’s Ski Jumping USA’s Fly Girls development program.
Casey Larson, Sankey and Loomis are also members of the Youth Olympic Games team that will compete this month in Lillehammer, Norway, prior to Junior Worlds.
Competition begins in Rasnov Feb. 24, the first time the event has been in Romania. In 2017, the Junior Worlds will come to the USA, with Utah playing host to the event at the Utah Olympic Park and Soldier Hollow Olympic venues.
U.S. Junior World Championships Teams
Recommended Stories For You
Coach: Martin Bayer
Coaches: Blake Hughes, Scott Smith
Coach: Lindsey Van
Trending In: Sports
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide