Junior Nordic teams named for Junior Worlds
February 5, 2016
The U.S. Ski Team has named 14 Nordic combined and ski jumping athletes to compete in the FIS Nordic Junior World Ski Championships in Rasnov, Romania, Feb. 23-28.
Jasper Good (Steamboat Springs, Colorado) will lead the five-member Nordic combined squad, competing in his fourth Junior Worlds. Kevin Bickner (Park City) heads up a four-man men’s ski jumping team, taking a break from competing on the FIS Ski Jumping World Cup tour to participate in his third Junior Worlds.
Logan Sankey (Steamboat Springs) returns for a second time to Junior Worlds, joining her teammates for the five-woman jumping team. The five women from clubs around the country have come through Women’s Ski Jumping USA’s Fly Girls development program.
Casey Larson, Sankey and Loomis are also members of the Youth Olympic Games team that will compete this month in Lillehammer, Norway, prior to Junior Worlds.
Competition begins in Rasnov Feb. 24, the first time the event has been in Romania. In 2017, the Junior Worlds will come to the USA, with Utah playing host to the event at the Utah Olympic Park and Soldier Hollow Olympic venues.
U.S. Junior World Championships Teams
Recommended Stories For You
Coach: Martin Bayer
Coaches: Blake Hughes, Scott Smith
Coach: Lindsey Van
Trending In: Sports
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Park City golf is teed up for another Region 11 title
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken