Karate black belt test
November 28, 2014
A black belt test was held in Provo on Nov. 8. The Bobby Lawrence Karate Park City school had 17 students promote to black belt or advance to a new degree of black belt.
The promoting students were as follows:
Black belt: Andrew Parker, Ben Howard, Ben Hale, Jack Gladson, Payson Hawkins and Zach Watkins.
First-degree black belts: Sam Mason and William Martz.
Second-degree black belts: Landon Albright, Lilly Occon, Max Carpenter, Sarah Pillman, Sky Jalili and Bailey Smith.
Earning a third-degree black belt were Ally Falter and Talia Kottler.
Recommended Stories For You
David Kottler was promoted to fourth-degree black belt.
Bobby Lawrence Karate is an eclectic martial art, originated from Kenpo, that incorporates kickboxing, Shotokan, Jiu-jitsu and weapon training into its system.
Trending In: Sports
- Plan for Kimball Junction re-design will be before Basin planning panel
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to attempted obstruction of justice
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion
- Park City swimmer Fischer Caplin selected for USA Swimming diversity fellowship