Kristi Leskinen and Jen Hudak lead The Amazing Race through Iceland
January 7, 2018
Kristi Leskinen (L) and Jen Hudak, X Games professional skiers from Phoenix and Park City, respectively, pose for a photo before the start of the 30th season of "The Amazing Race." Haduk and Leskinen finished first in Reykjavik, Iceland, the first leg of the nearly global race, which aired Wednesday, Jan. 3, on CBS.
Leskinen, 36, took silver in the 2005 Freestyle World Ski Championships in Ruka, Finland, in halfpipe. These days, she is an athlete, mentor and entrepreneur, which makes her a great match for Hudak, 30, also a halfpipe World Championships silver medalist, as well as a coach, mentor and marketing manager.
"Besides winning, I hope to reignite my inner competitor, to fight hard for something again and to work as a team toward a common goal!" Hudak's competitor profile states. "My competitive ski career ended short because of injury and I left some things on the table — I don't want to let that happen ever again!"
The next episode is scheduled to air Wednesday, Jan. 10, at 7 p.m..
Trending In: Sports
- Collegiate volleyball players, Parkites, revel in victorious return home
- Park City soccer player will travel to Youth Soccer Nationals
- Nearly 100 teams view for Triple Crown World Series title in Park City
- Mountain Trails’ Foundation’s Jupiter Peak Steeplechase scheduled at Park City Mountain
- Triple Crown Fastpitch World Series to return to Park City