Leah Lange signs with Utes
November 20, 2015
The Utah ski team has announced the signing of Leah Lange to a National Letter of Intent. Lange will join the Utes for the 2017 ski season.
"We are ecstatic to have Leah sign on with us," Utah Director of Skiing Kevin Sweeney said. "She comes from a great skiing family and has demonstrated excellence on and off the race course. This is a perfect fit and I want to congratulate Leah on choosing this wonderful opportunity."
Lange, a Park City native who is a member of the Park City Nordic Ski Club, finished fourth in the 10-kilometer classic at the 2015 USSA Junior National Championships while placing ninth in sprints and fifth in the 3×2.5K relay. At 2014 junior nationals, she won the 3x3K relay race while finishing second in the 5K classic, third in the sprints and fifth in the 5K freestyle. She finished in the top five in all four races at the 2013 Junior National Championships with a fourth-place finish in the sprints and fifth-place finishes in the 5K classic, 5K free and 3×3.3K races. As one of the youngest members of her age group at Junior Nationals in 2012 she was 12th in the 5K classic and ninth in the 3x3K relay. Lange was a 2010 Youth Winter Sports Alliance Circle of Excellence Award recipient.
"I am ecstatic to add Leah to next year’s roster," Utah head Nordic coach Abi Holt said. "Her results over the past few years demonstrate that she is a consistent, well-rounded and talented skier. It is also always a pleasure to add a local, born and bred Utahn to the ski team. We recruit excellent skiers, and top-notch people. I think Leah fits the bill perfectly and I can’t wait for her to join us."
Trending In: Sports
- Cross-country venues and businesses up and running in Summit County
- For Tara Geraghty-Moats, Nordic Combined Continental Cups have been a long time coming
- Couple gives back to Huntsman Institute, research facilities, through Pink Park City
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Prep roundup: North Summit girls keep rolling foes, South Summit girls split games
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels
- Vail Resorts awards grants to 35 nonprofits, announces PCMR improvements
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics