Leavens named PCST skier of the month
January 15, 2014
Submitted by Park City Ski Team
Molly Leavens earned the right to be named the December skier of the month by establishing herself as one of the strongest female speed skiers in the country. At the U.S. Nationals, Molly skied into 13th place, and third place in the under-18 age category, in the country. As a result of her strong race results she is now ranked first in the world in downhill for her age.
"At the NorAm speed events this past month, Molly took advantage of every opportunity," said Park City Ski Team head women’s coach Jason Hey. "She pushed it harder than her peers, was diligent about her inspections, and was always asking questions as to how she could find more speed. "
Molly’s next stop on the race tour will be the Western Region Speed Series in Schweitzer, Idaho, Jan. 20-26. She will be looking to qualify for the U18 Nationals to be held at Copper Mountain, Colo., from Feb. 28 to March 6.
$500 will be donated to the Park City Ski Team scholarship fund on behalf of Molly Leavens by Gaddis Investments.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City grocer will shun plastic bags regardless of Utah lawmakers