Local golfers rally for the cure
July 22, 2014
Tuesday, July 15, was Park City Women’s Golf Association’s annual Rally for the Cure fundraising day at the Park City Golf Club. Rally for the Cure is a grassroots program that works to educate women about breast cancer and to remind them to get their annual screening. When breast cancer is found early, there are more treatment options and a better chance for survival.
Sixty-nine women had a wonderful day for their fundraiser, with sunshine and blue skies. The PCWGA 9-Hole League raised over $2,500 during the event, about half of which will benefit the local Utah Komen affiliate funding grants to local hospitals, clinics and community organizations that provide breast health education, as well as breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining money supports the national program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.
The 9-Hole League would like to thank Dori Schmalzle and Terry Shapard, who headed up the event, as well as everyone who donated. Anyone interested in joining the league can visit http://www.parkcitygolfclub.org or call (435) 615-5800 .
Trending In: Sports
- Cross-country venues and businesses up and running in Summit County
- For Tara Geraghty-Moats, Nordic Combined Continental Cups have been a long time coming
- Couple gives back to Huntsman Institute, research facilities, through Pink Park City
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Prep roundup: North Summit girls keep rolling foes, South Summit girls split games
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels
- Vail Resorts awards grants to 35 nonprofits, announces PCMR improvements
- Marketplace: We Norwegians comes to Main Street