Local golfers rally for the cure
July 22, 2014
Tuesday, July 15, was Park City Women’s Golf Association’s annual Rally for the Cure fundraising day at the Park City Golf Club. Rally for the Cure is a grassroots program that works to educate women about breast cancer and to remind them to get their annual screening. When breast cancer is found early, there are more treatment options and a better chance for survival.
Sixty-nine women had a wonderful day for their fundraiser, with sunshine and blue skies. The PCWGA 9-Hole League raised over $2,500 during the event, about half of which will benefit the local Utah Komen affiliate funding grants to local hospitals, clinics and community organizations that provide breast health education, as well as breast cancer screening and treatment programs for medically underserved women. The remaining money supports the national program, which funds groundbreaking breast cancer research.
The 9-Hole League would like to thank Dori Schmalzle and Terry Shapard, who headed up the event, as well as everyone who donated. Anyone interested in joining the league can visit http://www.parkcitygolfclub.org or call (435) 615-5800 .
Trending In: Sports
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Park City’s Leah Lange, Utes win at Citizens Series
- USA Biathlon team takes 10th in mixed relay at Soldier Hollow
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods
- January and February storms help boost Utah’s snowpack