Luge titles on the line
February 28, 2015
The venue for the 2002 Salt Lake City Winter Olympic luge competitions will host the Norton USA Luge Youth and Junior National Championships on consecutive weekends.
The youth events are set for Feb. 28-March 1, followed by the junior division March 7-8. Start times are 9 a.m. Mountain Time on Feb. 28, 3 p.m. MT on March 1, 10 a.m. MT on March 7 and 3 p.m. MT on March 8. Admission is free both weekends.
Each singles race will present the athletes with a three-race-in-two-day format where there is a separate two-heat seeding race daily. The total of all four runs will crown the Norton National Champion.
In doubles, there is a seeding race each Saturday, while the national title will be at stake each Sunday.
The two weekends of racing will bring USA Luge’s Olympic and World Cup teams of the future from across the country to the Wasatch region. The races will help determine the Youth and Junior National Team rosters for 2015-2016.
Trending In: Sports
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Star snowboarder Jamie Anderson uses World Champs podium to denounce FIS president
- Elite international competition returns to Soldier Hollow for first time since 2002
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business