Nordic combined team named
February 13, 2015
Steamboat Springs skiers Bryan and Taylor Fletcher headline a team of five Nordic combined athletes named to compete in the Feb. 18-March 1 FIS Nordic Ski World Championships in Falun, Sweden. Olympic champion Billy Demong (Vermontville, New York) was named to his seventh World Championships Team.
The Fletcher brothers have emerged as the team’s strongest athletes.
"Both Bryan and Taylor have shown that with a good jump they are among the fastest guys in Nordic combined and can compete for the podium," said Nordic Combined Head Coach Dave Jarrett.
In addition to the veterans, the U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association (USSA) named two first-time team members, Ben Berend (Steamboat Springs, Colorado) and Adam Loomis (Eau Claire, Wisconsin).
The Championships open in Falun on Feb. 18. The entire Championships schedule will be streamed live by the USSA at http://www.usskiteam.com and will be available on the Live Arena Falun2015 mobile app in America.
World Championships Schedule
Recommended Stories For You
Feb. 18 — Opening Ceremony
Feb. 20 — Individual Gundersen start (HS100 meter jump/10K XC)
Feb. 24 — Team Event (HS100 meter jump/4x5K XC)
Feb. 26 — Individual Gundersen start (HS134 meter jump/10K XC)
Feb. 28 — Team Sprint (HS134 meter jump/2×7.5K XC)
Trending In: Sports
- Deer Valley scheduled to open Saturday, with $8 million in improvements
- Park City moves to Class 5A’s Region 5 amid concerns about UHSAA process
- Ashley Farquharson, Park City native, leads USA Luge’s women’s juniors
- Women’s doubles luge, scheduled for Olympic inclusion, debuts in Park City
- Deer Valley will open with Shred for Red fundraiser
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Summit County wants a larger role in overseeing Park City’s transit system
- Park City official worries runaway trucks will eventually kill people
- UPDATED: Park City-area man dies after collapsing at PCMR