Nordic team raises funds
November 10, 2015
To bring a greater awareness of a nationwide foundation supporting aspiring Nordic skiers, a local Nordic ski team, the Wasatch Nordic Ski Academy, held a waxing fundraiser on Saturday, Nov. 7, at Storm Cycles.
Athletes were on hand to clean and wax locals’ cross-country skis. In turn, patrons were asked to make a donation to the National Nordic Foundation. From 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., the athletes waxed more than 100 pairs of skis and raised more than $1,000 for the NNF.
"The NNF supports upper-level skiers who qualify for national and international camps and races. Between the four cross country ski teams in the area, there are actually quite a few athletes who have and will benefit from this organization’s funding," said Coach Bill Hokanson. "This is just a great way to give back, and support a great organization."
Wasatch Nordic Ski Academy athletes are looking forward to starting their season by heading to West Yellowstone on Nov. 21 for a nine-day, on-snow training camp and the season opener SuperTour races to be held Friday and Saturday, Nov. 27 and 28.
For more information on the Wasatch Nordic Ski Academy, go to http://www.wasatchnordic.org.
Trending In: Sports
- The Mine Bouldering Gym hosts USA Climbing locals and international talent
- No. 4 Lehi upsets top seed Park City girls soccer in first round of playoffs
- Park City volleyball celebrates seniors by cutting loose in home finale
- Park City Volleyball goes 5-1 in Wasatch Festival tournament
- North Summit football shuts out Layton
- Amy Roberts: LDS Church’s call for a social media fast is suspiciously timed
- Park City visitor arrested after confrontation with teens dressed as zombies on Main Street
- Sheriff’s report: I-80 pursuit ends in arrest of man from Sandy
- The Park Record 2018 Voter Guide
- 5 things to do in Park City this weekend