North Summit and Park City boys basketball suffer close losses
December 1, 2018
The Park City boys basketball team saw its first loss of the season in a 57-55 defeat at the hands of Morgan, away, on Wednesday.
Nathaniel Lowe led the Miners in scoring with 16 points. He also had five rebounds and four assists. Alex Fugate had 14 points and 11 rebounds while Mark McCurdy had 10 points, three rebounds and three assists.
Following the loss, Park City was 1-1 after defeating Taylorsville away on Nov. 20 to start the season.
The Miners faced Wasatch in a non-region rivalry matchup on Friday in Park City. Follow The Park Record on Twitter at the handle @ParkRecSports for live game updates.
The team's next game is scheduled for the following Friday, Dec. 7, at home against Highland at 7 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
South Summit boys basketball is off to a strong start, having blown past American Heritage 87-53 in a Nov. 21 road game.
South Summit took on North Sanpete on Thursday, defeating them 66-45 at Bear River High School. South Summit played Union (1-2) on Friday at home, then Bear River (3-0) away on Saturday. The Wildcats will face Uintah at home in Kamas on Wednesday at 7 p.m.
The North Summit boys basketball team is 0-1 after a 56-54 heartbreaker against Millard at home on Nov. 20. Millard pulled away in the fourth quarter, outscoring the Braves 17-11 for the win. Parker Brown and Quinton Jones were the Braves' leading scorers with 13 points each. The Braves will face Providence Hall at Providence Hall High School in Herriman at 7 p.m. on Wednesday.
The North Summit girls basketball team won their season home opener against Juab 59-37, and played Tabiona on Friday.
Alyssa Richins led the team over Juab in points with 15, followed by Kennady McQueen with 14 and Brecklyn Murdock with 10. Murdock also had 10 rebounds. Hadley Richins also had a solid game, with seven points, six steals, three assists and three rebounds.
Look for updates on that game in the scoreboard section or the prep spotlight in the next issue of The Park Record.
The Braves will play Highland Thursday at Preston High School at 4:40 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality
- Elite international competition returns to Soldier Hollow for first time since 2002
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Lady Miner named Swimmer of the Meet for 4th straight state finals
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction