North Summit beats South Summit volleyball two sets to one
October 11, 2018
North Summit is still struggling. On Friday, the Braves lost their eighth consecutive game of the season, falling to the American Leadership Academy Eagles 23-16. The Eagles (4-4, 2-2) outscored the Braves in every quarter, with neither team scoring in the third. The Braves will play cross-county rival South Summit (7-1 overall, 4-0 in 2A North) at home on Friday. The Braves will have their work cut out for them against the Wildcats, who continued their reign over the 2A North with a 47-6 destruction of Millard (6-2, 2-2) at home on Friday. This Friday's game between the East Side schools will conclude the regular season at 7 p.m. in Coalville.
North Summit defeated South Summit 2-1 on Saturday. The Wildcats (9-6 overall and 4-1 in Class 3A's Region 13) took the first set 25-21 before the Braves (20-6 overall, 8-0 in 2A North) came back to win the second and third set 25-22 and 15-9.
North Summit junior Kennady McQueen led the team in kills with 13. Junior Teesha Richins scored two of the Braves' five aces. Senior Gracie Peterson and junior Gracie Waterson were in a three-way tie with McQueen for the title of the Braves' most prolific blocker, with two apiece. Senior Hannah Lamon and sophomore Taylor Otterness both had 11 digs; Lamon led the Braves in assists with 30, and Richins led in serves received with 11.
South Summit did not submit stats for the game. The Wildcats will face Morgan (11-4, 5-0) at home on Thursday at 7 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
North Summit will play Altamont (7-6, 4-4) at home on Thursday at 6 p.m.
North Summit's season came to a close last Thursday when the team lost 9-1 to Waterford. The Braves finished the season 0-10 in 2A North and 0-13 overall.
Trending In: Sports
- Miner Jack Wright attributes signing with Westmont to golf coach George Murphy
- Park City High School boys basketball ends middling season with win
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Miners girls basketball finish season of slow improvement
- Biathlete Sean Doherty sets personal best at Soldier Hollow World Cup
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- PCMR skiers caught in out-of-bounds Scott’s Bowl