North Summit beats South Summit volleyball two sets to one
October 11, 2018
North Summit is still struggling. On Friday, the Braves lost their eighth consecutive game of the season, falling to the American Leadership Academy Eagles 23-16. The Eagles (4-4, 2-2) outscored the Braves in every quarter, with neither team scoring in the third. The Braves will play cross-county rival South Summit (7-1 overall, 4-0 in 2A North) at home on Friday. The Braves will have their work cut out for them against the Wildcats, who continued their reign over the 2A North with a 47-6 destruction of Millard (6-2, 2-2) at home on Friday. This Friday's game between the East Side schools will conclude the regular season at 7 p.m. in Coalville.
North Summit defeated South Summit 2-1 on Saturday. The Wildcats (9-6 overall and 4-1 in Class 3A's Region 13) took the first set 25-21 before the Braves (20-6 overall, 8-0 in 2A North) came back to win the second and third set 25-22 and 15-9.
North Summit junior Kennady McQueen led the team in kills with 13. Junior Teesha Richins scored two of the Braves' five aces. Senior Gracie Peterson and junior Gracie Waterson were in a three-way tie with McQueen for the title of the Braves' most prolific blocker, with two apiece. Senior Hannah Lamon and sophomore Taylor Otterness both had 11 digs; Lamon led the Braves in assists with 30, and Richins led in serves received with 11.
South Summit did not submit stats for the game. The Wildcats will face Morgan (11-4, 5-0) at home on Thursday at 7 p.m.
Recommended Stories For You
North Summit will play Altamont (7-6, 4-4) at home on Thursday at 6 p.m.
North Summit's season came to a close last Thursday when the team lost 9-1 to Waterford. The Braves finished the season 0-10 in 2A North and 0-13 overall.
Trending In: Sports
- Couple gives back to Huntsman Institute, research facilities, through Pink Park City
- South Summit boys basketball defeats North Summit in rivalry blowout
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Prep roundup: North Summit girls keep rolling foes, South Summit girls split games
- Park City native sets out to conquer Everest, the English Channel and America’s coasts all in one year
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- New Canyons Village condominiums will be under Montage’s Pendry Hotels
- UDOT completes Utah’s largest wildlife crossing at Parleys Summit