North Summit Braves and Park City Miners volleyball extend region leads yet again
October 9, 2018
The Park City girls soccer team defeated Ogden (10-5-1 overall, 8-1 in Region 11) 2-0 on Wednesday in the last match of the regular season.
The Miners (12-4, 11-1) are tied with the Bonneville Lakers, who they split matches with this season. The Miners will now play in the first round of the state playoffs on Oct. 10 in Park City, though the Utah High School Activities Association had not yet listed who the opponent will be as of Friday.
The North Summit girls soccer team lost to St. Joseph, 7-0, on Tuesday. The team has not won a game this season. Final scores for the match between North Summit and Waterford on Thursday had not yet been submitted to the UHSAA. It was North Summit's final match of the season.
The Park City Miners volleyball team is still dominating Region 11. On Thursday the Miners dispatched Juan Diego in straight sets, 25-17, 25-17, 25-23.
Recommended Stories For You
Senior Grace Wiczek led the team in kills with 17; senior Emily Smith led the team in aces, digs and assists with three, 13 and 37 respectively.
Senior Dalton Daily led the Miners in serve receiving with 23, while senior Sarah Pillman had four blocks.
The Miners (14-5 overall, 9-0 in Region 11) will play Bonneville (8-11, 5-4) on Tuesday at Park City High School at 6 p.m.
The North Summit Braves (11-6 overall, 7-0 in 2A North) defeated Duchesne (7-8, 5-3) on Tuesday in straight sets: 25-23, 25-21, 25-22. Duchesne is North Summit's closest region competitor.
North Summit's senior Brecklyn Murdock and junior Teesha Richins led the Braves in kills with 10 apiece.
Seniors Hannah Lamon, Gracie Peterson and Richins led the team in aces with two apiece.
Murdock had the most blocks with three; junior Kennady McQueen led in digs with 14; Lamon led in ball handling with 31 assists and McQueen led in serves received with 19.
The Braves will play St. Joseph (11-13, 4-3) at home on Monday at 6 p.m.
Trending In: Sports
- Miner Jack Wright attributes signing with Westmont to golf coach George Murphy
- Park City High School boys basketball ends middling season with win
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Miners girls basketball finish season of slow improvement
- Biathlete Sean Doherty sets personal best at Soldier Hollow World Cup
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- PCMR skiers caught in out-of-bounds Scott’s Bowl