North Summit girls win 2A swimming title
February 24, 2014
The North Summit High School swim team finished the 2013-2014 year with the girls placing first at state and the boys finishing third (just four points shy of second).
This was the first 2A state swimming meet in the history of Utah and the top finishing times are now 2A state records.
On the podium for medals for North Summit were:
- Second place – Relay team of Ariel Fitch, Stephanie Abdalla, Devon Robertson and Tess Bonham for the girls’ 200-yard medley relay: time two minutes, 8.66 seconds.
- First place – Stephanie Abdalla, for the girls’ 200-yard freestyle: time 2:07.47.
- Sixth place – Briaunna Whitt for the girls’ 200-yard freestyle: time 2:35.76.
- Fourth place – Sam Crittenden for the boys’ 200-yard freestyle: time 2:07.23.
- Fifth place – Tess Bonham for the girls’ 200-yard individual medley (IM): time 3:00.60.
- First place – Ariel Fitch for the girls’ 50-yard freestyle: time 25.78.
- Fourth place – Jace Hirzel for the boys’ 50-yard freestyle: time 24.24
- Fifth place – Jennifer Moody for the girls’ 100-yard butterfly: time 1:24.55.
- First place – Ariel Fitch for the girls’ 100-yard freestyle: time 56.86.
- Sixth place – Hudson Zwahlen for the boys’ 100-yard freestyle: time 56.34.
- Second place – Stephanie Abdalla for the girls’ 500-yard freestyle: time 5:50.37.
- First place – Relay team of Ariel Fitch, Devon Robertson, Stephanie Abdalla and Tess Bonham for the girls’ 200-yard freestyle relay: time 1:53.09.
- Second place – Relay team of Sam Crittenden, Trystin Hellander, Jace Hirzel, Hudson Zwahlen for the boys’ 200-yard freestyle relay: time 1:39.16.
- Sixth place – Tess Bonham for the girls’ 100-yard backstroke: time 1:19.91.
- First place – Sam Crittenden for the boys’ 100-yard backstroke: time 1:01.74.
- Fourth place – Trystin Hellander for the boys’ 100-yard backstroke: time 1:06.07.
- Sixth place – Eisley Scholes for the boys’ 100-yard breaststroke: time 1:14.91.
- Third place – Abbi Zwahlen, Jordyann Scholes, Sadie Boyer, and Briaunna Whitt for the girls’ 400-yard freestyle relay: time 4:47.11.
Academic All-State awards were given to Ashley Sargent, Tess Bonham and Morgan Judd, who are all seniors at North Summit. The cumulative GPA for all the 2A women who received Academic All-State awards was 3.932, and the boys’ GPA was 3.913.
Personal records were set by Sadie Boyer, Max Skagerberg, Sam Crittenden, Justin Rees, Ashley Sargent, Bella Koyle, Abbi Zwahlen, Tess Bonham, Trystin Hellander, Devon Robinson, Eisley Scholes, Tyler Richins, Shelby Kitchen, Jordynn Scholes, Jennifer Moody, Cody Fitch, Malachi Ruf, Morgan Judd, Leah DeSantos, Carmela Rodriguez, Jace Hirzel, Hudson Zwahlen, Tyler Richins, Stephanie Abdalla, Saige Crittenden, Sadie Boyer, Justin Rees, Colton Kershaw, Ruby Skagerberg, Sam Crittenden, Bella Koyle and Dalton Richins.
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Park City golf is teed up for another Region 11 title
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?