Paddle with the Park City Mountain Sports Club
July 3, 2014
Recently, 52 members of the Park City Mountain Sports Club (PCMSC) got wet at Rockport State Park. Using standup paddleboards, canoes and kayaks provided by Rockport Marina and Cole Sport, PCMSC members participated in the "splash off" for the club’s new Paddle Program. After several hours of trying out equipment the group ended the day with a social gathering and barbecue.
The Park City Mountain Sports Club offers its members extensive hiking, biking, camping, skiing and social activities throughout the year and now will host paddling activities on a weekly basis at Rockport State Park in July, August and early September. Rockport was chosen because it has less wind and less boat activity than other nearby reservoirs.
The day was organized by kayakers Mike Cohen and Susan LeGlise. Susan has many years of kayak experience. Mike also has done considerable paddling. He spent several years in Hawaii where he became accomplished using kayaks and out-rigger canoes. The Paddling Program is available to all PCMSC members, from beginners to advanced paddlers.
Membership in the Park City Mountain Sports Club is open to any adult. Information may be found at http://www.pcmsc.org .
Trending In: Sports
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business