Paddle with the Park City Mountain Sports Club
July 3, 2014
Recently, 52 members of the Park City Mountain Sports Club (PCMSC) got wet at Rockport State Park. Using standup paddleboards, canoes and kayaks provided by Rockport Marina and Cole Sport, PCMSC members participated in the "splash off" for the club’s new Paddle Program. After several hours of trying out equipment the group ended the day with a social gathering and barbecue.
The Park City Mountain Sports Club offers its members extensive hiking, biking, camping, skiing and social activities throughout the year and now will host paddling activities on a weekly basis at Rockport State Park in July, August and early September. Rockport was chosen because it has less wind and less boat activity than other nearby reservoirs.
The day was organized by kayakers Mike Cohen and Susan LeGlise. Susan has many years of kayak experience. Mike also has done considerable paddling. He spent several years in Hawaii where he became accomplished using kayaks and out-rigger canoes. The Paddling Program is available to all PCMSC members, from beginners to advanced paddlers.
Membership in the Park City Mountain Sports Club is open to any adult. Information may be found at http://www.pcmsc.org .
Trending In: Sports
- Couple gives back to Huntsman Institute, research facilities, through Pink Park City
- Shiffrin says she isn’t in it for the records, smashes them anyway
- South Summit boys basketball defeats North Summit in rivalry blowout
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- White Pine/TUNA Relay means a good start to the season
- PCMR indefinitely closes two upper-elevation bowls after losing lease
- UPDATED: Park Record Building evacuated Thursday after bomb threat hoax
- USOC selects Salt Lake City to bid on Winter Olympics
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Semi-truck leads deputies on chase through Kimball Junction