Park City girls’ lacrosse team ‘Best of the West’
March 11, 2014
The Park City High School girls’ lacrosse team got its season off to a great start Feb. 28-March 2 at the Best of the West Lacrosse Classic in Las Vegas, Nev.
On Friday night, the Miners took down Centennial 13-3 to start the tournament. They followed that up with a convincing 11-5 victory over Utah-rival Jordan on Saturday morning.
The Park City dominance continued on Saturday afternoon, when the Miners routed Corner Canyon 16-1 to improve to 3-0 for the tournament. In Game 4, the Miners cruised to a 10-3 victory over the Huskies to remain unbeaten.
That put Park City in the championship match on Sunday against another Utah rival, Juan Diego. The Soaring Eagle managed to give the Miners their toughest battle of the weekend, but, at the end of the afternoon, Park City won 11-9 to take home the championship and leave Las Vegas with five wins and no losses.
The Miners opened up their home schedule on Tuesday against Corner Canyon at Knoop Field (after this edition went to press). They’ll be back in action at Knoop Field on Wednesday, March 26, against Lone Peak.
— Compiled by Adam Spencer
Trending In: Sports
- Plan for Kimball Junction re-design will be before Basin planning panel
- Marketplace: After years in the industry, restaurateur opens Hearth and Hill
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to attempted obstruction of justice
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion