Park City Karate competes at U.S. Open, Junior International Cup
The local club brought home numerous awards from Vegas
April 25, 2017
On April 14-16, the Park City Karate Competition Team traveled to Las Vegas to compete in the USA Karate Open and Junior International Cup. The event is hosted by the USA Karate (USANKF) which is the National Governing Body for Karate in the United States.
The Park City Karate Team took 15 team members to the competitions and received a total of 21 medals. Here are the results from Park City Karate's outstanding performance during the two events.
Junior International Cup
Brian Roberts: Bronze in kata
Evan Davidson: Bronze in kumite
Grace Symons: Bronze in kata, bronze in kumite
Isabella Morello: Silver in kata, silver in kumite
Avery McJoynt: Silver in kata, silver in kumite
Patrick Willis: Bronze in kata
USA Open Medalists
Grace Symons: Bronze in kumite
Isabella Morello: Silver in Kata, Bronze in kumite
Avery McJoynt: Bronze in kata, Gold in kumite
John Willis: Bronze in kumite
Recommended Stories For You
Team USA (Team Kumite Competition)
Nash Clevenger, Silver
Ethan Neu, Silver
Evan Davidson, Silver
Avery McJoynt, Bronze
Tiana Clevenger, Gold
Isabella Morello, Bronze
About the USA Open and the Junior International Cup
The USA Open and the Junior International Cup are two of the largest karate tournaments in the world and are considered the pinnacle of Karate competitions in the United States and internationally, as well. More than 2,500 competitors from approximately 50 nations gathered at The Paris to compete during the three-day event.
These tournaments were sponsored by the USANKF (USA National Karate-do Federation), which is sanctioned by the USOC (United States Olympic Committee). The USANKF is the largest Karate organization in the nation and is dedicated to the growth of all types of Karate in the country.
About Park City Karate
Karate was recently included as an official sport for the upcoming 2020 Olympics to be held in Tokyo, Japan. Park City Karate is the only school in Park City sanctioned through the US Olympic Committee.
About the Utah Karate Competition Team
Members of the Utah Karate Competition Team train under Sensei Douglas Jepperson at the Park City Karate School in Kimball Junction. Competition Team members, along with their regular karate training, train specifically for competitions.
If you want more information about Park City Karate, please contact Sensei Doug Jepperson at 801-347-4815, or visit the website at http://www.parkcitykarate.com.
Trending In: Sports
- South Series alpine race draws more than 200 athletes to Park City Mountain
- Cross-country skiers race in The Shootout at Jeremy Ranch
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Kennady McQueen of North Summit verbally committed to University of Utah
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide
- Few commuters taking advantage of remote parking lot on Kilby Road
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City