Park City Karate to host Intermountain Karate Championship
Competition and seminar to be held at Ecker Hill Middle School
May 23, 2017
Park City Karate will be hosting the ninth-annual Intermountain Karate Championship (formerly the USA Karate-Utah State Championships and National Qualifier) on Saturday, June 3 at the Ecker Hill International Middle School.
The competition will include kata (traditional karate forms) and kumite (sparring) and all ages and karate styles are invited to compete. The tournament will bring some of the top karate competitors from around the country, including Texas, Arizona, Colorado, Montana, California and Oregon.
In this, the ninth year of this exciting annual tournament, Park City Karate is excited to once again present a very special seminar on Friday, June 2. Tom Scott, USA Team Captain and currently ranked the No. 1 World Karate Federation -75K fighter, will be teaching a special kumite seminar. The seminar will be held from 5:30 to 7 p.m. at Ecker Hill International Middle School.
The Utah State Karate Championship is also a regional qualifier for the USA Karate Nationals Competition that will be held in July in Greenville, South Carolina.
Whether you wish to compete or just enjoy the excitement of a karate tournament, the Intermountain Karate Championship is a great opportunity to see some of the very best karate on display.
Need to Know Facts:
Recommended Stories For You
Competition and Seminar Location:
Ecker Hill International Middle School (2465 Kilby Road, Park City, Utah)
Competition Entry Fee:
$50 First Event, $15 Second Event
About Park City Karate
Park City Karate is the only Utah karate school that is a member of the USA Karate Federation and sanctioned by the U.S. Olympic Committee. This and our competition is especially important because karate will be included as an official sport at the upcoming 2020 Olympics to be held in Tokyo, Japan.
The USA Karate Federation is the national governing body for sport karate. It works to develop athletes and technical personnel who will prove throughout the world that the United States is a true international leader in martial arts.
Because of its affiliation with the USA Karate Federation, Park City Karate upholds the highest standards and credentialing. All instructors undergo annual background checks, CPR certification and coaches training as mandated the U.S. Olympic Committee. Our instructors have completed the Safe Sport program for teaching and coaching children, as required by the U.S. Olympic Committee.
We consider karate to be the ultimate fitness programs, for both children and adults. We provide a full workout that includes, stretching, aerobic and anaerobic condition, strength training, and coordination.
For more information about the tournament or Park City Karate, visit http://www.parkcitykarate.com
Trending In: Sports
- A non-comprehensive list of foot races and triathlons to help you build your running itinerary
- Park City Women’s Golf 9 Hole League prepares for tee-off
- Miners soccer defeats Stallions in overtime repeat
- Mountain Trails Foundation looks ahead to summer after ‘idyllic’ winter of snow
- After lifts stop turning, uphilling Park City’s ski resorts is a no-no
- Vail Resorts reaches agreement to sell PCMR parking lots to Provo developer
- Park City police told woman upset ‘she has to look at’ homeless people
- Guest editorial: A conservative student at Park City High School shares his story
- Guest editorial: Vandals of Vail Resorts billboard had right idea, wrong method of sharing it
- Park City man, happy pet inside, watches bobcat traverse backyard