Park City Ski Team starts season strong
December 30, 2014
The Park City Ski Team kicked off the race season by sending 47 athletes, ranging from U14s to U18s, to Jackson Hole, Wyoming, for four USSA Open races.
The races consisted of two giant slaloms on Dec. 18 and 19 and two slaloms Dec. 20 and 21. During the series, the weather proved to be challenging but the athletes were able to overcome the conditions and achieve some great results.
In the ladies’ first giant slalom, Park City’s Julia Chahine topped the podium with two great runs. Meanwhile, Shaye Henderson broke into the top 10 and Katiana Carestia was 11th. On the men’s side, Macintyre Henderson had a podium finish, taking third place, and Scott McGrath finished in eighth overall and second in his age category for day one of giant slalom.
For day two of giant slalom, Charlotte Townshend led the Park City girls in seventh while Shaye Henderson had another great day moving from 31st to 13th. Men’s day two resulted in another PCST podium with Dominic Brazerol in second and Aydon Lee finishing in 14th.
Women’s slalom day one had some great skiing with an impressive move by Bridey Bush who started bib #36 and finished in third place. Nicole Greene finished sixth, Katiana Carestia finished in 12th, and Heidi Hathorne made a big move by finishing in 14th after starting #89.
The PCST men had a great first day of slalom as well, with six athletes in the top 15. Macintyre Henderson won the race, with Scott McGrath in fourth, Dominik Brazerol in fifth, Romain Astie in sixth, Hunter Carlson in 10th and Shane Cumming in 11th.
Recommended Stories For You
Day two of ladies’ slalom resulted in strong results with Julia Chahine finishing fifth, Bridey Bush in 11th, Charlotte Townshend in 12th and Katiana Carestia in 14th. Romain Astie had another great result, finishing second on day two of slalom with Scott McGrath finishing in sixth overall and first in his age category.
The race series was a positive start to the season with multiple podium finishes and personal best results. Congratulations to all the athletes that competed!
Trending In: Sports
- Miners girls lacrosse starts season hungry for sixth straight title
- Tennis team will start season with new players in top positions
- Parkite Ashley Farquharson takes fourth at luge Junior World Championships
- Utah ski team crowned as champions
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street