Park City Ski Team’s January Skier of the Month
Sydney Weaver earns the title with top finishes in January
February 10, 2017
Sydney Weaver earned the right to be named the January Skier of the Month by establishing herself as one of Park City Ski Team's top competitors. Sydney has been competing at the U16 level, where she kicked off the season with a fourth place in the first slalom qualifier. After the first technical qualifiers in Jackson were contested, the athletes returned to Jackson for an Intermountain Open speed series. Sydney proved to be the speed queen in Intermountain when she placed second, second and first in her three races to capture the Wes Barron title.
“Sydney has had a great start to the season both in the speed and the tech races," PCST U16 Head Coach Cameron Chin said. "She is showing she has speed and has been able to perform well thus far this season."
Sydney attends the Winter Sports School in Park City and is an honor-level student.
Five-hundred dollars will be donated to the Park City Ski Team scholarship fund by Gaddis Investments on behalf of Sydney's accomplishments.
Trending In: Sports
- Plan for Kimball Junction re-design will be before Basin planning panel
- Marketplace: After years in the industry, restaurateur opens Hearth and Hill
- Park City wildlife carnage: After an elk collision, a roadside dismemberment
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to attempted obstruction of justice
- Park City wildlife collisions involve deer, mountain lion