Park City to host Springer Tournee
This year’s event will be the 19th annual
July 18, 2017
Park City will play host to one of the largest ski jumping and nordic combined events in the country next week. Starting this weekend, up to 150 athletes will begin arriving in Utah, many with families along for support, in order to take part in the 19th Annual North American Jindro Mayer Springer Tournee.
Since its inception nearly two decades ago, the competition has grown to become the largest domestic summer event held in North America. Over the course of three days, nearly 200 athletes of all abilities will compete on the Nordic jumps at Utah Olympic Park.
Competitions will take place on every hill from the HS10 up, and will culminate with the Large Hill National Championships on the HS134 on Saturday morning. The action starts on Thursday, July 27, with competitions on the HS68 and smaller hills. On Friday, skiers will up the stakes competing on the HS100, or, Normal Hill. On Saturday, a new national champion will be crowned.
Spectators are encouraged to head up to Utah Olympic Park and watch men and women from around the country compete for the title of Large Hill National Champion on the same hill that hosted the 2002 Olympics.
Additionally, there will be a fundraiser held midweek in order to benefit Ski Jumping and Nordic
Combined Olympic hopefuls as they begin their push toward the upcoming Games. Women's
Ski Jumping USA and USA Nordic are co-hosting a gala event on Wednesday evening that will bring nordic enthusiasts and fans together with America's top Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined athletes.
Visit http://www.usanordic.org/2018dream for tickets and information about sponsorship opportunities.
Recommended Stories For You
Schedule of Events:
Thursday, July 27
HS68 Ski Jumping, 8-11:30 a.m.
HS10-HS42 Ski Jumping, 4-7 p.m.
Friday, July 28
HS100 Ski Jumping, 8-11:30 a.m.
Saturday, July 29
HS134 Ski Jumping U.S. Large Hill National Championships, 8 a.m. to noon
Nordic Combined races, 3-5:30 p.m.
**All competitions are free to the public**
USA Nordic is a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization whose mission is to promote and develop the Nordic
disciplines of Ski Jumping and Nordic Combined in the United States; assist U.S. athletes achieve
sustained competitive excellence in Olympic, World Championship and other international competitions
in the disciplines; and to promote the highest standards of sportsmanship, fair play, and good will
between individuals of all nations through competition in the discipline sports. For more information,
Trending In: Sports
- Speaker to shed light on student athlete recruiting process at Park City High
- Park City football crowned Region 11 co-champions after win over Tooele
- Park City cross-country teams continue to gain speed through Region 11 finals
- Park City’s Team X alpine provides women an option to keep skiing
- Morgan Heavrin, a Park City native, is Central Pacific figure skating champion
- Park City enlists help in absence of arrested attorney
- Park City police order woman out of McPolin Farm encampment
- New Main Street Deli owners take fresh look at established restaurant
- Mountain Town News: Dispatch from Crested Butte as Vail Resorts moves in
- Feds indict Parkites on money laundering, drug charges