Parker Morin selected for tourney team
October 27, 2015
Former Utah baseball player Parker Morin (a Park City High School graduate) has been named to the USA Baseball Premier12 Team.
The team will compete in the WBSC Premier12 Tournament in Taipei, Taiwan (with semifinals and finals to be held in Tokyo, Japan), Nov. 9-21. The U.S. roster features 27 players not currently on Major League Baseball 40-man rosters.
Morin, a catcher, was an honorable mention All-Pac-12 selection in his only season with the Utes in 2012. The junior college transfer and Park City resident led Utah with a .314 batting average, 35 RBI, and tied for the team lead with 69 hits. He led the Pac-12 with 33 runners caught stealing.
A 14th-round draft pick to the Kansas City Royals, Morin has spent most of the past two seasons with the Double-A Northwest Arkansas Naturals. He was a non-roster invitee to the Royals Spring Training camp in 2015.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City grocer will shun plastic bags regardless of Utah lawmakers