Parkite selected for soccer tourney
January 13, 2015
Kailer Spangenberg, a Park City native and attacking midfield soccer player, was selected as one of the top players in the state to play in the US Youth Soccer Olympic Development Program (ODP) regional tournament in Phoenix Jan. 8-11. It was the third year that Kailer has represented Utah at the regional tournament. Only the top 18 players in the state are selected to be on the ODP team and Kailer has earned a slot on the team since he first became eligible at age 13.
In July of 2014, Kailer was invited to Grande Sports Academy to train with Real Salt Lake (Major League Soccer Professional Academy Team).
ODP identifies players of the highest caliber and is a complement to club programs. ODP is an additional resource for players as they prepare for state, regional, national and international competitions. Players are selected on the basis of open tryouts and are evaluated on their technique, tactical, physical and psychological attributes.
For more information about ODP or the Phoenix tournament, visit http://www.utahyouthsoccer.net.
Trending In: Sports
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)
- Can Park City High’s student section stake their claim as the most hyped in Utah?
- Juniors shine as Park City football wallops Ben Lomond in 45-7 region opener
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City drivers pulled over at speeds well above posted limits
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- Punctured gas line in Park City prompts evacuations