Parkite strong at PGA Canadian Tour event
June 14, 2013
DeWald shot the lowest round in the afternoon group on Sunday at the Times Colonist Island Savings Open, when the winds climbed to 30+ mph. His strong wind play and the skill to "work" the ball enabled him to make the cut in a very elite and talented field. He finished the tournament with a four-day score of 279, good for a score of one-under par.
He attributes a lot of his performance to all the great golf Park City has to offer, particularly Jeremy Ranch Golf and Country Club and Park Meadows Country Club. He appreciates all the support and encouragement everyone has given him and looks forward to getting to the next event in Calgary.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City Ski and Snowboard opens up Soda League
- Paralympic athletes with ties to National Ability Center bring home seven medals
- The Youth Sports Alliance looks back as it approaches its 15 anniversary
- National Ability Center Athletes participate in cultural exchange in South Korea
- PHOTO: Parkites shred at Intermountain Division Championship