PCHS girls’ LAX takes down Bingham
March 20, 2015
The Park City High School girls’ varsity lacrosse team continued its winning ways on Tuesday night, beating Bingham 14-4.
Six players (Jeni Gordon, Hannah Hyatt, Ellie Meyer, Marina Mayo, Maike Wells and Ellie Faulk) scored goals for Park City with assists coming from Ellie Meyer, Marina Mayo, Sophie Adelman and Ellie Faulk.
The win was the result of yet another great team effort and the wide margin of victory was due largely to excellent defense from the rest of the field players, as well as a strong performance by first-year goalie Madeline Komisar.
Tuesday’s victory came on the heels of a victory last Thursday against Park City’s opponent in last year’s Utah State Championship game, Riverton. The Miners beat the Silver Wolves 11-1 with goals from Hannah Hyatt, Lolo Frost, Ellie Meyer, Sophie Adelman, Marina Mayo, Gabby Nixon and Ellie Faulk, which were made possible by assists from Hannah Hyatt, Marina Mayo, Gabby Nixon and Livi Kimche.
The Miners’ Junior Varsity team has also been impressive this year. They beat Jordan 10-5 and Riverton 11-4 on March 10 and 12. They were undefeated in last weekend’s Gathering of the Tribes tournament in Salt Lake City, beating rival Brighton in the Championship game 10-6. They followed up this performance with a 7-3 victory against Bingham on Tuesday night.
Trending In: Sports
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- Softball team, 1-1 in early season, seeks to prove doubters wrong
- Lacrosse set to check in to Utah high school sports in 2020
- Jaelin Kauf takes second in World Cup moguls series, first at nationals
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- UPDATE: Park City police identify man found dead near cemetery
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Park City looks to approve two food trucks
- Wyoming man sentenced for attempted murder at Summit County convenience store
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000