PCHS girls’ LAX team is now 5-0
March 21, 2014
The Park City High School girls’ varsity lacrosse team earned a hard-fought 13-11 victory over Juan Diego Wednesday night. Five players (Hannah Hyatt, Danielle Lecher, McKenna Tychsen, Marina Mayo and Haley Adelman) scored goals for Park City on assists from Haley Adelman, Hannah Hyatt and Maike Wells.
The Miners’ win over Juan Diego brings their regular-season record to 5-0, with previous wins over Jordan (8-5), Lone Peak (16-5), Corner Canyon (18-3) and Bingham (14-3).
Captains Katy Miele, Haley Adelman and McKenna Tychsen said Wednesday’s game was a great team effort. The team is playing well together, they said, and all the players are contributing, from seniors to freshmen.
"The level of lacrosse being played in Utah is rising every year and it is very encouraging to see the team rise to the challenge," said head coach Amy Hafets. "We played a great team tonight and we are very happy to get a tough road win."
The junior varsity team also had success at Juan Diego, beating beat the Soaring Eagles’ junior varsity squad 9-2. Park City came out strong in the first half with Lauren Robertson, Rachel Santa Maria, Sophia Anderson, and Alix Kintner each scoring. Park City’s defense was stifling, allowing only two shots on goal in the first half.
Park City’s second half performance was even more impressive. Lauren Robertson scored two goals and Reiley Falter, Ally Falter and Claudia Lagnese also scored. Juan Diego had only four shots on goal in the second half and failed to score on any of them.
Recommended Stories For You
"The girls worked very hard tonight and are really coming together," said JV head coach Kelsey Redpath. "The future of Park City Lacrosse looks very bright. We’ve got a lot of talent on this JV team."
The Miners will be back in action on Wednesday, March 26, with home games against Lone Peak at Matt Knoop Memorial Field. The varsity team will play at 5:30 p.m. and the junior varsity game will follow. Come out and support two of the best lacrosse teams in Utah.
Trending In: Sports
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Park City golf is teed up for another Region 11 title
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken