PCST wins big in Jackson Hole
February 8, 2014
Submitted by Park City Ski Team
The Park City Ski Team had a stellar weekend at the Sean Nurse Memorial under-14 qualifier at the Snow King Resort in Jackson Hole, Wyo., from Jan. 31 to Feb. 2.
Snow conditions were near perfection for all three days of racing for over 150 young men and women, resulting in some outstanding performances by the Park City Ski Team.
During Friday’s giant slalom competition, Shane Cumming placed eighth and Ben Lawson was not far behind, finishing 10th. For the women, PCST had six out of the top 10 finishes with the following team members leading the way: Alix Wilkinson (first), Hannah Hitchcock (third), Shaye Henderson (fourth), Brynne Hitchcock (eighth), Gabrielle Nixon (ninth) and Bridey Bush in 10th place.
On day two of GS, Shane and Ben led the charge again, with Shane finishing fourth and Ben finishing seventh overall. For the ladies, Alix Wilkinson was on the podium for a second time with a first-place finish, followed by Gabrielle Nixon in sixth and Bridey Bush in ninth place.
Slalom was the final call on Super Bowl Sunday, and the Park City men had three of the top 10 finishes with Clark Bigatel placing sixth, followed by Ethan Massimino in ninth and Max Miller in 10th place. For the women, Alix Wilkinson finished out the weekend in second place, Shaye Henderson finished seventh and Hannah Hitchcock finished in eighth place.
Recommended Stories For You
Alix Wilkinson was the proud recipient of the Sean Nurse Memorial Award for the best overall time achieved by a young lady during the three events throughout the weekend. Congratulations to all of the Park City alpine skiers. Stay tuned for the results of the next U14 race, taking place at Snowbird Resort Feb. 14-16.
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Park City golf is teed up for another Region 11 title
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?