PCST wins big in Jackson Hole
February 8, 2014
Submitted by Park City Ski Team
The Park City Ski Team had a stellar weekend at the Sean Nurse Memorial under-14 qualifier at the Snow King Resort in Jackson Hole, Wyo., from Jan. 31 to Feb. 2.
Snow conditions were near perfection for all three days of racing for over 150 young men and women, resulting in some outstanding performances by the Park City Ski Team.
During Friday’s giant slalom competition, Shane Cumming placed eighth and Ben Lawson was not far behind, finishing 10th. For the women, PCST had six out of the top 10 finishes with the following team members leading the way: Alix Wilkinson (first), Hannah Hitchcock (third), Shaye Henderson (fourth), Brynne Hitchcock (eighth), Gabrielle Nixon (ninth) and Bridey Bush in 10th place.
On day two of GS, Shane and Ben led the charge again, with Shane finishing fourth and Ben finishing seventh overall. For the ladies, Alix Wilkinson was on the podium for a second time with a first-place finish, followed by Gabrielle Nixon in sixth and Bridey Bush in ninth place.
Slalom was the final call on Super Bowl Sunday, and the Park City men had three of the top 10 finishes with Clark Bigatel placing sixth, followed by Ethan Massimino in ninth and Max Miller in 10th place. For the women, Alix Wilkinson finished out the weekend in second place, Shaye Henderson finished seventh and Hannah Hitchcock finished in eighth place.
Recommended Stories For You
Alix Wilkinson was the proud recipient of the Sean Nurse Memorial Award for the best overall time achieved by a young lady during the three events throughout the weekend. Congratulations to all of the Park City alpine skiers. Stay tuned for the results of the next U14 race, taking place at Snowbird Resort Feb. 14-16.
Trending In: Sports
- Tennis team will start season with new players in top positions
- Miners girls lacrosse starts season hungry for sixth straight title
- Utah ski team crowned as champions
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Deer Valley, City Hall suddenly thrust into parking dispute
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech