Rallying to make a difference
July 17, 2015
Park City Women’s Golf Association held its annual Rally for the Cure event on Tuesday, July 14, at the Park City Golf Course. This year, Rally for the Cure celebrates 20 years supporting Susan G. Komen and the fight against breast cancer.
The PCWGA 9-hole golf league has 145 members, most of whom attended the fundraiser and many of whom are cancer survivors or have close friends or family members affected by cancer.
The league had a beautiful day for their event. The women and golf course employees dressed in pink and wore pink ribbon pins to show their support for the cause.
The league raised $3,375, of which Komen will receive $1,300, and the rest will benefit local Utah breast cancer organizations such as the Huntsman Cancer Institute and Image Reborn, a nonprofit that provides no-cost renewal retreats for women diagnosed with breast cancer.
In the U.S. alone more than 230,000 people will be diagnosed with breast cancer and 40,000 will die in the coming year. Education, screening, access to quality care and finding a cure remain priorities. In the last two decades, over 2.5 million people have joined the breast cancer fight through 45,000 Rally events. Fundraising at the events has resulted in over $77 million to help Komen advance their mission.
If you are interested in supporting the fight against breast cancer visit komenutah.org. If you would like to join the PCWGA league visit parkcitygolfclub.org or stop by the pro shop. The 9-hole league would like to thank its wonderful members, volunteers and all who donated.
Trending In: Sports
- Women’s doubles luge, scheduled for Olympic inclusion, debuts in Park City
- Ashley Farquharson, Park City native, leads USA Luge’s women’s juniors
- (Video) Shred for Red fundraiser combines Olympians and cancer research at Deer Valley
- Deer Valley scheduled to open Saturday, with $8 million in improvements
- Park City moves to Class 5A’s Region 5 amid concerns about UHSAA process
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- Francis man arrested after shooting at two roommates, narrowly missing them
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live