Rec Report: Dec. 5
December 5, 2018
White Pine Nordic Center
White Pine Nordic Center has opened its 3K, 5K, farm loop and practice area and dog loop for cross-country skiing. For rental and course information go to whitepinetouring.com.
Park City Mountain Center
Park City Mountain Resort has opened for the winter. For information on upcoming events and winter ticket prices go to parkcitymountain.com or call 435-649-8111.
Deer Valley Resort
Deer Valley Resort was scheduled to open for the winter season on Dec. 8. For information on winter activities and ticket prices go to deervalley.com or call 435-649-1000.
Utah Olympic Park
Utah Olympic Park has started its winter programming, including guided tours and bobsled rides. For a complete list of fall hours and rates, visit utaholympiclegacy.org.
The Soldier Hollow Golf Course has closed for the season. Soldier Hollow's tubing hill opens on Dec. 21, while its Nordic skiing runs will open between Dec. 15 and 21, depending on the weather. For programming go to utaholympiclegacy.org or call 435-654-2002.
Basin Recreation maintains more than 145 miles of trails for hiking, biking, dog walking and more. To plan a visit, go to basinrecreation.org for a complete list of trails. For trail information or maintenance concerns, email Phares Gines, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Recommended Stories For You
Mountain Trails Foundation
The Mountain Trails Foundation has started grooming Round Valley for cross-country skiing, fat bike riding and snowshoeing. For trail information, including maps and conditions, go to mountaintrails.org.
Wasatch-Cache National Forest
The Heber-Kamas Ranger District maintains trails and campgrounds in the Uinta Mountains east of Kamas. Wolf Creek Pass is still open for the season, according to the Utah Department of Transportation. Guardsman Pass and the Mirror Lake Highway have closed for the season. For more info, go to fs.usda.gov/uwcnf or call 435-783-4338. For more information on seasonal road closures go to udottraffic.utah.gov.
State Parks and Reservoirs
For information such as water temperature and current conditions at Jordanelle and Rockport state parks, visit stateparks.utah.gov. For information on the Echo Reservoir, call 435-336-2247.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality
- Elite international competition returns to Soldier Hollow for first time since 2002
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Lady Miner named Swimmer of the Meet for 4th straight state finals
- Park City finds snowmobilers, vandals cause trouble in Bonanza Flat
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Tom Clyde: Parking lot culture
- Utah breweries opposed to bill to allow full-strength beer in grocery stores
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction