Rec report: Feb. 2
February 2, 2019
White Pine Nordic Center
White Pine Nordic Center's 3K, 5K, farm loop, practice area and dog loop are open for cross-country skiing. For rental and course information go to whitepinetouring.com.
Jeremy Ranch Golf and Country Club
Jeremy Ranch's Nordic trails have opened for the winter. For rental information, ticket prices and track conditions go to TheJeremy.com.
Park City Mountain Resort
Park City Mountain Resort has opened for the winter. For information on upcoming events and winter ticket prices go to parkcitymountain.com or call 435-649-8111.
Park City Mountain is a host venue for the FIS Snowboard, Freestyle and Freeski World Championships. For information regarding upcoming events go to 2019worldchamps.com.
Deer Valley Resort
Deer Valley Resort has opened for the winter. For information on winter activities and ticket prices go to deervalley.com or call 435-649-1000.
Deer Valley is a host venue for the FIS Snowboard, Freestyle and Freeski World Championships. For information regarding upcoming events go to 2019worldchamps.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Utah Olympic Park
Utah Olympic Park has started its winter programming, including guided tours and bobsled rides. For a complete list of winter hours and rates, visit utaholympiclegacy.org.
Soldier Hollow's tubing hill and Nordic skiing runs are open for the season. For programming go to utaholympiclegacy.org or call 435-654-2002.
Basin Recreation maintains a busy trail maintenance schedule during the winter months, grooming over 17 miles of trails for cross-country skiing, walking, biking, and more. A grooming report can be found at basinrecreation.org. For trail information or maintenance concerns, email Phares Gines at email@example.com.
Mountain Trails Foundation
The Mountain Trails Foundation grooms Round Valley for cross-country skiing, fat bike riding and snowshoeing. For trail information, including maps and conditions, go to mountaintrails.org.
Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest
The Heber-Kamas Ranger District maintains trails and campgrounds in the Uinta Mountains east of Kamas. For information, visit fs.usda.gov/uwcnf for more information.
Guardsman Pass, Wolf Creek Pass and the Mirror Lake Highway have closed for the season. For more info, go to fs.usda.gov/uwcnf or call 435-783-4338. For more information on seasonal road closures go to udottraffic.utah.gov.
State Parks and Reservoirs
For information such as water temperature and current conditions at Jordanelle and Rockport state parks, visit stateparks.utah.gov. For information on the Echo Reservoir, call 435-336-2247.
Trending In: Sports
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Miner Jack Wright attributes signing with Westmont to golf coach George Murphy
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods