Rec Report: Nov. 28
November 27, 2018
White Pine Nordic Center
White Pine Nordic Center has opened its 3K, 5K and practice area for cross-country skiing. For rental and course information go to whitepinetouring.com.
Park City Mountain Resort
Park City Mountain Resort has opened for the winter. For information on upcoming events and winter ticket prices go to parkcitymountain.com or call 435-649-8111.
Deer Valley Resort
Deer Valley Resort is scheduled to open for the winter season on Dec. 8. For information on winter activities and ticket prices go to deervalley.com or call 435-649-1000.
Utah Olympic Park
Utah Olympic Park's summer activities have closed. For a complete list of fall hours and rates, visit utaholympiclegacy.org.
Park City Golf Club
The Park City Golf Club has closed for the season. For more information go to parkcity.org/departments/park-city-golf-club or call 435-615-5800.
Crater Springs Golf Course
Crater Springs Golf Course has closed for he season. For more information, call 435-645-5588.
Recommended Stories For You
Hideout Canyon Golf
The Outlaw Golf Course at Hideout Canyon has closed for the season. For details call 435-200-3142, or go to hideoutcanyon.com/the-outlaw-golf-course.php.
The Soldier Hollow Golf Course has closed for the season. Soldier Hollow's tubing hill opens on Dec. 21, while its Nordic skiing runs will open between Dec. 15 and 21, depending on the weather. For programming go to utaholympiclegacy.org or call 435-654-2002.
Mountain Dell Golf Course
Mountain Dell Golf Course has closed for the season. For more information, call 801-582-3812 or go to http://www.slc-golf.com/mountain_dell_golf_course.
Basin Recreation maintains more than 145 miles of trails for hiking, biking, dog walking and more. To plan a visit, go to basinrecreation.org for a complete list of trails. For trail information or maintenance concerns, email Phares Gines, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mountain Trails Foundation
For trail information, including maps and conditions, go to mountaintrails.org.
Wasatch-Cache National Forest
The Heber-Kamas Ranger District maintains trails and campgrounds in the Uinta Mountains east of Kamas. Wolf Creek Pass is still open for the season, according to the Utah Department of Transportation. Guardsman Pass and the Mirror Lake Highway have closed for the season. For more info, go to fs.usda.gov/uwcnf or call 435-783-4338. For more information on seasonal road closures go to udottraffic.utah.gov.
State Parks and Reservoirs
For information such as water temperature and current conditions at Jordanelle and Rockport state parks, visit stateparks.utah.gov. For information on the Echo Reservoir, call 435-336-2247.
Trending In: Sports
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Miner Jack Wright attributes signing with Westmont to golf coach George Murphy
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Athletes: Slopestyle course was not up to World Championships quality
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Updated: Sheriff’s Office investigates apparent armed robbery at Wells Fargo Bank
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods