Rec Report, Nov. 5-7, 2014
November 4, 2014
PARK CITY MOUNTAIN RESORT
Park City Mountain Resort is gearing up for the winter season, targeting and opening date of Nov. 22. Go to http://www.parkcitymountain.com or call 435-649-8111 for more information.
Canyons Resort is closed for the summer. It will re-open for the winter season on Nov. 28. For more information on Canyons Resort, visit http://www.thecanyons.com or call 888-CANYONS.
DEER VALLEY RESORT
Deer Valley’s winter season will begin on Dec. 6. For details on the resort’s winter activities and season passes, visit http://www.deervalley.com or call 435-649-1000.
Recommended Stories For You
UTAH OLYMPIC PARK
Fall activities at the Utah Olympic Park are now closed. Museum tours are still available every day of the week. For more information and availability please call 435-658-4200 or visit http://www.UtahOlympicLegacy.com.
Soldier Hollow’s Silver Course is closed for the season, but the Gold Course will be open until Nov. 30, pending a big snowstorm. Greens fees are $33 for 18 holes without a cart, $47 with a cart. For tee times, call 435-654-7442 or visit stateparks.utah.gov/golf/gold-silver.
PARK CITY GOLF COURSE
Due to recent snow accumulation, Park City Golf Course is closed for the season. As more snow falls, the course will eventually be home to the White Pine Nordic Center. For more information call 435-615-5800 or go to http://www.parkcity.org/index.aspx?page=171.
WASATCH MOUNTAIN GOLF COURSE
At Wasatch Mountain’s Lake course, the cost for 18 holes is $38 with a cart. The Mountain course is closed for the season. For more information call 435-654-0532.
Mountain Trails reports that all trails are available for recreational use. Watch out for mud and snow and please turn around if you start making ruts. For updates, visit mountain trails.org or facebook.com/mountaintrailsfoundation. For any trail maintenance concerns, email Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Most of Basin Recreation’s unpaved trails are dealing with extensive mud right now. Please turn around if you are making ruts. Also, Basin Rec reports that some of the higher elevation trails may be finished for the season. For trail information or maintenance concerns, email Bob Radke at email@example.com or visit http://www.basinrecreation.org/trail_conditions.html.
WASATCH-CACHE NATIONAL FOREST
The Kamas Ranger District maintains trails and campgrounds in the Uinta Mountains east of Kamas. The Mirror Lake Highway is still open, but all of the campgrounds are closed for the season. A recreational pass to use the forest is $6 for 1-3 days or $12 per week. For more information, go to http://www.fs.usda.gov/uwcnf or call 435-783-4338.
Trending In: Sports
- Tennis team will start season with new players in top positions
- Miners girls lacrosse starts season hungry for sixth straight title
- Utah ski team crowned as champions
- Parkite Ashley Farquharson takes fourth at luge Junior World Championships
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Deer Valley, City Hall suddenly thrust into parking dispute
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech