Relay For Life to be held Friday
August 12, 2016
The Montage Deer Valley Resort will host the 2016 Paint Park City Purple relay event on Friday, Aug. 19, from 6 to 10 p.m.
Organizers said 500 lives are saved daily from cancer, in large part as a result of successful local Relay For Life fundraising events. Last year, Utah volunteers and donors raised nearly $1.5 million, while the American Cancer Society invested over $4 million in research grants in Utah during 2015 alone. Summit County residents greatly benefit from that investment.
This Friday, Parkites will gather for a rewarding evening of live music, free food catered by the Montage, drinks, and of course, lots of fun as they walk for a cure. Don’t miss critically acclaimed recording artist Shane Jackman, Park City’s favorite band around town Take 5 and Salt Lake City’s The Hot Rocks as the community gathers to celebrate survivors and remember loved ones.
How can you help? First, register online at http://www.relayforlife.org/summitcountyut to start your team today. Then head out on Aug. 19 to the Montage Deer Valley Resort. By supporting your local Relay For Life movement, you will also be helping local youth teams gain valuable leadership and community service experience, while supporting the fight against the disease that affects all of us.
Please join us and take action against a disease that has taken too much. For more information, visit http://www.relayforlife.org/summitcountyut.
Trending In: Sports
- South Series alpine race draws more than 200 athletes to Park City Mountain
- Cross-country skiers race in The Shootout at Jeremy Ranch
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Park City ski season passes: Which ones to get, where they’ll take you and how much they’ll cost
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide
- Few commuters taking advantage of remote parking lot on Kilby Road
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City