Relay For Life to be held Friday
August 12, 2016
The Montage Deer Valley Resort will host the 2016 Paint Park City Purple relay event on Friday, Aug. 19, from 6 to 10 p.m.
Organizers said 500 lives are saved daily from cancer, in large part as a result of successful local Relay For Life fundraising events. Last year, Utah volunteers and donors raised nearly $1.5 million, while the American Cancer Society invested over $4 million in research grants in Utah during 2015 alone. Summit County residents greatly benefit from that investment.
This Friday, Parkites will gather for a rewarding evening of live music, free food catered by the Montage, drinks, and of course, lots of fun as they walk for a cure. Don’t miss critically acclaimed recording artist Shane Jackman, Park City’s favorite band around town Take 5 and Salt Lake City’s The Hot Rocks as the community gathers to celebrate survivors and remember loved ones.
How can you help? First, register online at http://www.relayforlife.org/summitcountyut to start your team today. Then head out on Aug. 19 to the Montage Deer Valley Resort. By supporting your local Relay For Life movement, you will also be helping local youth teams gain valuable leadership and community service experience, while supporting the fight against the disease that affects all of us.
Please join us and take action against a disease that has taken too much. For more information, visit http://www.relayforlife.org/summitcountyut.
Trending In: Sports
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- Juniors shine as Park City football wallops Ben Lomond in 45-7 region opener
- Attendance at Park City Red Bull 400 climbs in 2018 (w/video)
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Tom Clyde: The beef over the McPolin Farm cattle misses the point
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- Wasatch County approves major development tied to Deer Valley
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County