Rowmark shines at Western Regionals
March 18, 2016
Rowmark’s Tommy Hoffman medaled all three days at the U14 Western Regionals in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, last weekend. Hoffman, a Park City resident, won the giant slalom after posting a blazing second run that was more than a second faster than his closest competitor. Hoffman was third in super G and eighth in slalom against the best skiers in the western United States. Hoffman’s success in the series qualifies him to participate in the U16 Nationals at the end of the month at Snowbird.
His teammate and fellow Parkite, Carter Louchheim, had a strong weekend as well, taking fifth in both the super G and giant slalom.
On the ladies’ side, there was more success for Rowmark’s Park City athletes, with Zoe Michael medaling in two of the three disciplines. Michael streaked to a fifth-place finish in giant slalom, a 10th in slalom and an 11th in super G. Danika Mannelin, also of Park City, charged to a ninth-place medal in giant slalom and took 12th in slalom thanks to the fastest second run of the day.
Rowmark’s U14 skiers have one race left this season — the Snow Cup race at Snowbird in April.
Trending In: Sports
- UPDATED: Park City killer locked up as judge says victim was left to die
- Sundance, FIS Worlds overlap dates in Park City in 2019
- Guest editorial: A gondola could help mitigate Park City’s traffic problem
- Subway to move to Snow Creek Drive
- Park City killer took ‘whatever’ attitude toward victim’s popularity