Rowmark skier wins at Jackson
February 23, 2016
Park City resident Jules Parke led the strongest showing of the year for the Rowmark Ski Academy’s U19 women’s FIS team. Parke won the overall title at the Wild West Classic in Jackson, Wyoming, last weekend, a race which featured some of the best skiers in the West.
She had first- and second-place finishes in the two giant slalom races and a fourth in the slalom race. Fellow Parkite Katie Hensien struggled the first three days, but came back with a blazing second-place finish on the final day of slalom. She was followed by another Park City resident, teammate Megan Dingman, who placed third. Rowmark’s other top-15 finishers included Sofia Yubero, Riley Whitney, Hannah West (of Park City), Sommer Glasgow and Lizzie Baer.
Two Rowmark alums also had stellar showings with Madison Ostergren (’15) winning the first GS and U.S. Ski Team member Breezy Johnson (’13) winning the first slalom. Breezy was also just named to the 2016 World Junior Alpine Championship Team to be held in Sochi, Russia.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide