Rowmark skier wins at Jackson
February 23, 2016
Park City resident Jules Parke led the strongest showing of the year for the Rowmark Ski Academy’s U19 women’s FIS team. Parke won the overall title at the Wild West Classic in Jackson, Wyoming, last weekend, a race which featured some of the best skiers in the West.
She had first- and second-place finishes in the two giant slalom races and a fourth in the slalom race. Fellow Parkite Katie Hensien struggled the first three days, but came back with a blazing second-place finish on the final day of slalom. She was followed by another Park City resident, teammate Megan Dingman, who placed third. Rowmark’s other top-15 finishers included Sofia Yubero, Riley Whitney, Hannah West (of Park City), Sommer Glasgow and Lizzie Baer.
Two Rowmark alums also had stellar showings with Madison Ostergren (’15) winning the first GS and U.S. Ski Team member Breezy Johnson (’13) winning the first slalom. Breezy was also just named to the 2016 World Junior Alpine Championship Team to be held in Sochi, Russia.
Trending In: Sports
- Hundreds will punish themselves at Red Bull 400 this weekend
- Alf Engen Museum to induct two Parkites into Intermountain Ski Hall of Fame
- Park City golf is teed up for another Region 11 title
- Vail Daily: Colorado officials alarmed by steep drop in wildlife
- South Summit mountain bike team grows with areas trails
- Park City begins to outline major Park Avenue roadwork
- California man pleads guilty to human trafficking charge in Summit County
- For the Record: Do you agree with the Park City Board of Education’s decision?
- The ‘Queen of Versailles’ has a new calling
- Park City attorney, skier husband arrested as hunting equipment taken