Rowmark skiers win medals
March 25, 2016
Nine Rowmark Ski Academy athletes traveled to Mammoth Mountain, California, last weekend for the U16 Western Regionals. The contingent included Parkites Jake Bleil, Camryn Glick, Madi Hoffman, Elena Zipp and Lucy Neill, as well as Scottie Bocock, Andrei Dan, Greg Olszanskyj and Courtney McCabe.
The team got standout performances from Park City’s Hoffman, who took second in slalom, third in super G and fifth in giant slalom. Those medals earn her a spot at U16 Nationals coming up at the end of the month at Snowbird.
She will be joined there by her teammate Scottie Bocock, who took third in giant slalom and fourth in both super G and slalom against the best in the Western United States.
Other top-20 finishes included Glick in 15th in giant slalom, McCabe in 16th in slalom and Neill in 17th in super G.
Trending In: Sports
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Park City’s Grace Donahue and twins Livi and Gabby Rockwood sign letters of intent
- Miner Jack Wright attributes signing with Westmont to golf coach George Murphy
- Park City’s Leah Lange, Utes win at Citizens Series
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City police told of mountain lions in neighborhoods
- Summit County Sheriff’s Office leery of bill that would allow drivers to go through red lights