Rowmark skiers win medals
March 25, 2016
Nine Rowmark Ski Academy athletes traveled to Mammoth Mountain, California, last weekend for the U16 Western Regionals. The contingent included Parkites Jake Bleil, Camryn Glick, Madi Hoffman, Elena Zipp and Lucy Neill, as well as Scottie Bocock, Andrei Dan, Greg Olszanskyj and Courtney McCabe.
The team got standout performances from Park City’s Hoffman, who took second in slalom, third in super G and fifth in giant slalom. Those medals earn her a spot at U16 Nationals coming up at the end of the month at Snowbird.
She will be joined there by her teammate Scottie Bocock, who took third in giant slalom and fourth in both super G and slalom against the best in the Western United States.
Other top-20 finishes included Glick in 15th in giant slalom, McCabe in 16th in slalom and Neill in 17th in super G.
Trending In: Sports
- Women’s doubles luge, scheduled for Olympic inclusion, debuts in Park City
- Ashley Farquharson, Park City native, leads USA Luge’s women’s juniors
- (Video) Shred for Red fundraiser combines Olympians and cancer research at Deer Valley
- Park City moves to Class 5A’s Region 5 amid concerns about UHSAA process
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Francis man arrested after shooting at two roommates, narrowly missing them
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live
- Park City waterworks station loses power, impacting snowmaking
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency