Rowmark U16 team shines in Idaho
February 20, 2015
Spring-like conditions did not deter the Rowmark U16 skiers who raced in the three super G USSA/IMD Qualifiers in Bogus Basin, Idaho, last weekend. Sommer Glasgow won the overall trophy with first-, second- and third-place finishes in the three races. Parkites Katie Hensien and Madison Hoffman were also on the podium. Hensien won the second race and was third in the last race.
Rowmark ruled the podium in the last race, with Park City resident Hoffman winning and Hensien second, just edging out Glasgow.
On the men’s side, two Park City locals boasted Rowmark’s bests results of the weekend. Liam Michael took fifth in the final race of the weekend, with Ned Neill right behind him in sixth.
In Winter Park, Colorado, at the Surefoot FIS giant slalom and slalom races, Madison Ostergren won the second GS. Parkite Megan Dingman was second in the first GS race, with Ostergren close behind her in fourth. Also in the top-10 in that race was Izi Torres in ninth. For the Rowmark men, Tristan McInnis skied to eighth- and 12th-place finishes in the GS races.
Trending In: Sports
- Park City swim team looks to raise young team quickly
- Season to remember comes to a close as Miners fall in semis
- Athletes talk 2019 FIS Freestyle, Snowboarding and Freeski World Championships behind the scenes of promo (with video)
- South Summit to play Grand County in 2A championship game
- Report shows slowing sales in Park City area as housing costs continue to rise
- Three suspects who led a foot pursuit in Bear Hollow Village still at large
- Ski Magazine removes resort rankings, industry shrugs off the change
- Experienced surgeon opens Elevation Plastic Surgery