Ski Jumping World Championships Team named
February 17, 2015
Defending World Champion Sarah Hendrickson (Park City) headlines a team of two men and five women named to represent the U.S. in the Feb. 18-March 1 FIS Nordic Ski World Championships in Falun, Sweden.
Hendrickson will be joined by newcomers Nita Englund (Florence, Wisconsin) and Tara Garaghty-Moats (West Fairlee, Vermont) and veterans Jessica Jerome and Abby Hughes (both Park City). Junior Will Rhoads (Park City) will join Olympian Nick Alexander (Lebanon, New Hampshire) for the men.
"Going into this season I was very nervous about defending my title," Hendrickson said. "Now, I feel like there is very little pressure on me. Since I have had some mediocre results this season, I don’t think I’m seen as a threat. Of course, I am putting in more work and effort than ever to get back on top but I am seeing this year as building year."
The Championships open in Falun Feb. 18. The entire Championships schedule will be streamed live by the USSA at http://www.usskiteam.com and will be available on the Live Arena Falun2015 mobile app in America.
Ski Jumping Schedule
Feb. 18 — Opening Ceremony
Recommended Stories For You
Feb. 19 — Women’s HS100 ski jumping qualifications
Feb. 20 — Women’s HS100 ski jumping finals
Feb. 20 — Men’s HS100 ski jumping qualifications
Feb. 21 — Men’s HS100 ski jumping finals
Feb. 22 — Mixed gender HS100 ski jumping
Feb. 25 — Men’s HS134 ski jumping qualifications
Feb. 26 — Men’s HS134 ski jumping finals
Feb. 28 — Men’s HS134 team ski jumping
Trending In: Sports
- Park City-area avalanche buries skier in harrowing backcountry episode (w/video)
- Report shows high prices, slowing home sales as Park City buyers opt for new construction
- Park City house roof collapses, leaving scene of destruction
- CEO: Arapahoe Basin broke up with Vail Resorts over parking, long lines
- Park City child hits the slopes with surgeon who saved his life as an infant (w/video)