Skiing History Week at PCMR
March 28, 2014
As part of the celebration, Park City Mountain Resort hosts an "Evolution of Freestyle Skiing" day-long festival Friday April 4. The program features a meet-and-greet with several freestyle legends including 2014 Hall of Fame inductee John Clendenin, a Flying Ace All-Stars trampoline performance, live music by the Motherlode Canyon Band and a retro resort fashion show celebrating ski "fashion" from the 1960s through the 1990s.
"It is an honor to be a host for this year’s Skiing History Week festivities as we help celebrate this year’s class of Hall of Fame inductees," said Jenni Smith, president and general manager of Park City Mountain Resort. "Our resort and the sports of skiing and snowboarding have grown together over half a century, and this is a wonderful way to cap off our own historic golden anniversary season."
This year’s U.S. Ski and Snowboard Hall of Fame class will be inducted Saturday, April 5, at the Snyderville Basin Recreation Fieldhouse in Kimball Junction, just outside of Park City.
A full schedule of the week’s events can be found on the events calendar at http://www.parkcitymountain.com.
Trending In: Sports
- Moose falls through basement window well, into Pinebrook home (w/video)
- Way We Were: A shocking crime in old Park City
- Park City winter driving: ‘mini avalanche’ hits road, a ‘mess’ elsewhere
- Anonymous tip leads officers to large teen party in Glenwild
- Sheriff’s report: Deposits totaling $8,000 missing from Tanger Outlets business