Snowshoe hikes at Wasatch Mountain State Park
December 12, 2014
Friends of Wasatch Mountain State Park is sponsoring three full-moon snowshoe hikes this winter. These hikes are used as a fundraiser for the FOW organization and all monies raised go to improving park facilities, programs and trails.
The first hike is being held Friday, Jan. 2, and the second will be Friday, Jan. 30. The third one will be on March 6, snow permitting. Participants will meet at the Park Visitors Center, 1281 South Warm Springs Road in Midway, Utah, at 6:30 p.m.
The cost is $7 per person and snowshoes are available for rental at the Visitors Center for $6 per pair. Please call the Visitors Center at 435-654-1791 to register and please bring cash or check the night-of to pay.
There is a minimum age requirement of 8 years old for participation and all children must be accompanied by an adult. No pets are allowed on the hikes.
There will be beginner, intermediate and advanced hikes and people of all skill levels are encouraged to participate. If you can walk, you can learn to snowshoe.
Light refreshments will be served after completion of the hikes.
Recommended Stories For You
It is necessary to limit the number of participants and the hikes fill up fast so make your reservation early. Reservations can be made by calling 435-654-1791.
Trending In: Sports
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’