South Summit to play Grand County in 2A championship game
November 8, 2018
South Summit football defeated Millard a second time 34-10 on Saturday in the Class 2A playoff semifinal at Timpview High School in Provo. South Summit had previously defeated Millard 47-6 on Oct. 5.
Millard scored first with a field goal, but South Summit came back to outscore Millard with a touchdown and extra point. The Wildcats continued to outscore Millard in each quarter, earning 7 points a quarter until the fourth, when the Wildcats scored 14. Millard scored its first touchdown of the game with just over five minutes left on the clock.
South Summit will head to Stewart Stadium at Weber State University for the final against Grand County (8-3 overall, 4-1 in 2A South) at 11 a.m. on Friday.
The two teams have played seven opponents in common, over which Grand County is 4-3, and South Summit is 7-0.
Trending In: Sports
- Miners girls lacrosse starts season hungry for sixth straight title
- Tennis team will start season with new players in top positions
- Parkite Ashley Farquharson takes fourth at luge Junior World Championships
- Utah ski team crowned as champions
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Park City police told of homeless cases, including along Main Street