South Summit to play Grand County in 2A championship game
November 8, 2018
South Summit football defeated Millard a second time 34-10 on Saturday in the Class 2A playoff semifinal at Timpview High School in Provo. South Summit had previously defeated Millard 47-6 on Oct. 5.
Millard scored first with a field goal, but South Summit came back to outscore Millard with a touchdown and extra point. The Wildcats continued to outscore Millard in each quarter, earning 7 points a quarter until the fourth, when the Wildcats scored 14. Millard scored its first touchdown of the game with just over five minutes left on the clock.
South Summit will head to Stewart Stadium at Weber State University for the final against Grand County (8-3 overall, 4-1 in 2A South) at 11 a.m. on Friday.
The two teams have played seven opponents in common, over which Grand County is 4-3, and South Summit is 7-0.
Trending In: Sports
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City
- Guest editorial: None of us will reverse climate change, so stop talking about it
- Mountain Town News: Why aren’t more people hunting powder?
- ‘Queen of Versailles’ introduces her new documentary ‘Princess of Versailles’
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet