Sports Briefs: Dec. 12
December 11, 2018
Discounted Silver Mountain memberships
Silver Mountain Sports Club is now offering temporary winter memberships at a discounted rate. Winter memberships run through April 15. Sign up is available at both locations on Gold Dust Lane in Prospector or Ute Boulevard in Kimball Junction. Call with any questions: 435-649-6670.
Soldier Hollow seeks volunteers
Soldier Hollow and USA Nordic are seeking volunteers to help run the 2019 BMW Biathlon World Cup, coming to Soldier Hollow Nordic Center in Midway from Feb. 14 to 17. The event is spread over four days of competitions and will include approximately 28 nations and 180 athletes. Volunteer positions include: race headquarters and competition office staff; course marshal; medical team; range crew; start/finish control officers; stadium staff; car drivers; welcoming/parking credential officials. Visit UtahOlympicLegacy.org for more information or contact event volunteer coordinator Jennifer McCulloch at email@example.com or 435-658-9120.
The PC MARC is hosting bouldering clinics each Tuesday, from 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. running through the winter. The clinics are free, with drop-ins encouraged. Climbing shoes are available for rent.
Trending In: Sports
- South Series alpine race draws more than 200 athletes to Park City Mountain
- Cross-country skiers race in The Shootout at Jeremy Ranch
- Park City’s Rebekah Hardman competes at All-Star wrestling meet
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- Park City ski season passes: Which ones to get, where they’ll take you and how much they’ll cost
- Park City municipal attorney resigns in months after hunting goods case
- Record editorial: Take a breath before Sundance, World Championships collide
- Few commuters taking advantage of remote parking lot on Kilby Road
- Park City police told of issues with Uber, taxi and shuttle drivers
- Sundance 2019: no Women’s March on Main, no Respect Rally in Park City