Sports Briefs: Dec. 12
December 11, 2018
Discounted Silver Mountain memberships
Silver Mountain Sports Club is now offering temporary winter memberships at a discounted rate. Winter memberships run through April 15. Sign up is available at both locations on Gold Dust Lane in Prospector or Ute Boulevard in Kimball Junction. Call with any questions: 435-649-6670.
Soldier Hollow seeks volunteers
Soldier Hollow and USA Nordic are seeking volunteers to help run the 2019 BMW Biathlon World Cup, coming to Soldier Hollow Nordic Center in Midway from Feb. 14 to 17. The event is spread over four days of competitions and will include approximately 28 nations and 180 athletes. Volunteer positions include: race headquarters and competition office staff; course marshal; medical team; range crew; start/finish control officers; stadium staff; car drivers; welcoming/parking credential officials. Visit UtahOlympicLegacy.org for more information or contact event volunteer coordinator Jennifer McCulloch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 435-658-9120.
The PC MARC is hosting bouldering clinics each Tuesday, from 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. running through the winter. The clinics are free, with drop-ins encouraged. Climbing shoes are available for rent.
Trending In: Sports
- Tennis team will start season with new players in top positions
- Miners girls lacrosse starts season hungry for sixth straight title
- Utah ski team crowned as champions
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- In thrilling run, Japanese moguls skier nearly pulls off double backflip (w/video)
- Despite snow, Deer Valley and PCMR stick to early-April closing date
- Developer says ‘it’s time’ for a Snyderville Basin retail hub east of U.S. 40
- Park City housing plans: oh, the location, or ugh, the location? (w/ video)
- Deer Valley, City Hall suddenly thrust into parking dispute
- Vail Resorts chief, who reshaped industry, tapped for Park City speech