Sports briefs: Jan. 30
January 30, 2019
Lacrosse registration open
Park City Youth Lacrosse has opened registration for the 2019 spring season. To get information about the upcoming season and to register, go to parkcitylacrosse.org and click on "Youth Registration." The deadline to register is March 11.
Adult Nordic skate ski clinics
Basin Recreation is offering adult Nordic Ski clinics to prepare skiers to skate ski the organization's trails. Each week, skiers will learn new skills and ski progressively more difficult trails to improve fitness and form. Skiers should bring their own equipment and water and snacks each day. Outings take place on Sundays from 10 a.m. to noon on various trails. The next session runs Feb. 3 to 24. The cost per session is $50. For more information and to register, visit basinrecreation.org.
Fun Over Fifty Nordic ski clinics
Basin Recreation is offering Fun Over Fifty Nordic ski clinics. Skiers can choose between classic or skate skiing, and will learn new skills and improve on their fitness and form. Skiers should bring their own equipment, water and snacks each day. Sessions take place from 10 a.m. to noon on Tuesdays at Willow Creek Park and Thursdays at Round Valley. The next session is scheduled for Feb. 5 and 7. The cost per session is $25. For more information and to register, visit basinrecreation.org.
Trending In: Sports
- Heber resident’s garden sustains an endangered species: the ski bum
- Softball team, 1-1 in early season, seeks to prove doubters wrong
- Lacrosse set to check in to Utah high school sports in 2020
- Jaelin Kauf takes second in World Cup moguls series, first at nationals
- End of night skiing among changes at PCMR heading into ski season
- UPDATE: Park City police identify man found dead near cemetery
- Deer Valley, searching for parking, tapped garage in Main Street core
- Park City looks to approve two food trucks
- Wyoming man sentenced for attempted murder at Summit County convenience store
- Osguthorpe Farm deal hinges on additional $375,000