Sports briefs, June 13-15
June 13, 2018
Basic Skating Camp
Ice skaters at least four years of age and of all skill levels are invited to attend Park City Ice Arena's basic skating camp from July 30 to August 3, 9 a.m. to noon.
Skaters should have some experience skating, whether it be group skating classes, private lessons or recreational experience and should be able to skate on their own can comfortably without assistance. This camp has a recreational focus.
The camp is $190, with a price increase to $210 on July 16. To register call 435-615-5707 or visit parkcityice.org.
Mountain Miles Run
Basin Recreation is hosting the Mountain Miles run on July 21 at 7 a.m. The race, with 3- and 5-mile groups, will start at the Basin Recreation Fieldhouse, and there will be Pioneer Day-themed refreshments at the finish line. Cost for the Pie-N-Beer Run is $30 for adults and $10 for kids (under 18 years old). Sign up online at basinrecreation.org or at The Fieldhouse.
Recommended Stories For You
PC BOXING CLUB
Park City Boxing Club, led by Olympic boxer Shane Heaps, is located in the Silver Mountain Sports Club in Prospector. Private one-on-one sessions, as well as group classes, are available. For more information contact Heaps at (435) 647-6486.
Registration for summer swim lessons at Silver Mountain Sports Club is now open. Classes are available for all abilities, including parent-child lessons and private lessons. All lessons are held at the club's Prospector location. Non-members are welcome. Contact Silver Mountain Sports Club Aquatics at 435-649-6670 ext. 107 or email swim@SilverMountainSpa.com.
Assistant basketball coach wanted
Park City High School Girls Basketball has a new head varsity coach and is seeking coaches to fill an assistant coaching position.
Call Head Coach Brett Isaacson at 301-830-3977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. This will be a paid position for the 2018-2019 winter season.
BJJ Revolution Team Jiu Jitsu is offered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Silver Mountain Sports Club in Prospector. Group and private lessons are available in Brazilian jiu jitsu, and "No-gi" submission grappling for sport, self-defense, and fitness purposes. Sessions are available for children and adults starting at $100 per month. Contact 435-714-0321 or sign up at Silver Mountain Sports Club, 2080 Gold Dust Lane in Prospector.
Trending In: Sports
- Department of Wildlife Resources introduce splake to Jordanelle Reservoir (w/video)
- Jim Brown, Park City resident, integral in creating winning United 2026 World Cup bid
- Skullcandy Crushers win Utah Summer Games
- Coalville raises money from Summer Celebration to help Hayden Blonquist pay for leukemia treatment
- Mountain Trails starts opens Triple Trail Challenge with Round Valley Rambler
- Hotshot crews battling 100-acre fire along Mirror Lake Highway in Summit County
- Park City hotel suffers extensive damage as water line breaks
- Sheriff’s Report: Hotel guests stays three hours past checkout
- Alterra’s acquisition of Solitude could boost skier numbers, officials say
- Jury rules in favor of Vail Resorts in Colo. skier death case