Sports briefs, June 23-26
June 23, 2018
Summer Skating and Hockey Academy
Park City Ice Arena is offering ice skating programs for beginners of all ages, focusing on how to master the basics of ice skating and providing a foundation for figure skating, hockey, and speed skating. The early summer session will consist of programs on June 25, and 27. All sessions will run on Mondays and Wednesdays: 5:30-6:15 p.m. For the mid and late summer sessions' dates, visit http://www.parkcity.org/departments/park-city-ice-arena.
Fourth of July Run
Park City Ski and Snowboard Club is hosting its annual 5K Fun Run on July 4.
Runners can pre-register at Cole Sport on Park Ave. by July 3 or online at Runnercard.com. Prizes include t-shirts, age group awards and overall awards, plus a raffle. Runners, joggers and baby strollers are welcome, but dogs are not allowed. The out-and-back race starts near the base of Park City Mountain Resort at 8 a.m. For more details, call Cole Sport at 435-649-4806 or visit Colesport.com.
Termite Hockey Camp
Recommended Stories For You
Park City Ice Arena is hosting two Termite Hockey Camps this summer, running from June 18-22 and August 6-10. The camps are open to boys and girls ages 5-8 who can skate forward, backward and stop comfortably in hockey skates. Equipment is required for participation and rental equipment may be available for a $15 fee. Equipment must be fitted seven days before the first class. To register, visit parkcityice.org or call 435-615-5707.
Trending In: Sports
- Collegiate volleyball players, Parkites, revel in victorious return home
- Mid Week MTB’s Women’s Mini Enduro meant to build participation
- Nearly 100 teams vie for Triple Crown World Series title in Park City
- Brighton resident, 50, repeats as female winner of Jupiter Peak Steeplechase
- Sports briefs: Park City skating camp offered
- Park City police act after woman asked to leave bar 30 times
- Mountain Town News: Vail Resorts lawsuit; ICE visits a brewery
- Guest editorial: Basin Recreation’s plan for trail in Toll Canyon is irresponsible
- Court report: Park City man pleads guilty to assault
- Park City grads reach plea agreements in harassment case