Sports briefs, June 9-12
June 9, 2018
Basic Skating Camp
Skaters at least four years of age and of all skill levels are invited to attend Park City Ice Arena's basic skating camp from July 30 to August 3, 9 a.m. to noon.
Skaters should have some experience skating, whether it be group skating classes, private lessons or recreational experience and should be able to skate on their own can comfortably without assistance. This camp has a recreational focus.
The camp is $190, with a price increase to $210 on July 16. To register call 435-615-5707 or visit parkcityice.org.
Mountain Miles Run
Basin Recreation is hosting the Mountain Miles run on July 21 at 7 a.m. The race, with 3- and 5-mile groups, will start at the Basin Recreation Fieldhouse, and there will be Pioneer Day-themed refreshments at the finish line. Cost for the Pie-N-Beer Run is $30 for adults and $10 for kids (under 18 years old). Sign up online at basinrecreation.org or at The Fieldhouse.
Recommended Stories For You
Swim Instructors Wanted
The Basin Recreation Fieldhouse is looking for experienced and knowledgeable instructors to teach youth swim lessons and adult swim clinics. Applicants must be 16 or older and must have current CPR, AED and First Aid certifications as well as strong swimming skills and knowledge of the sport. For more information contact Aquatics Coordinator Sydney Bull at email@example.com or call 435-655-0999 x16.
PC BOXING CLUB
Park City Boxing Club, led by Olympic boxer Shane Heaps, is located in the Silver Mountain Sports Club in Prospector. Private one-on-one sessions as well as group classes are available. For more information contact Heaps at (435) 647-6486.
Registration for summer swim lessons at Silver Mountain Sports Club is now open. Classes are available for all abilities, including parent-child lessons and private lessons. All lessons are held at the club's Prospector location. Non-members are welcome. Contact Silver Mountain Sports Club Aquatics at 435-649-6670 ext. 107 or email swim@SilverMountainSpa.com.
Assistant basketball coach wanted
Park City High School Girls Basketball has a new head varsity coach and is seeking coaches to fill an assistant coaching position.
Call Head Coach Brett Isaacson at 301-830-3977 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information. This will be a paid position for the 2018-2019 winter season.
BJJ Revolution Team Jiu Jitsu is offered on Tuesday and Thursday evenings at Silver Mountain Sports Club in Prospector. Group and private lessons are available in Brazilian jiu jitsu, and "No-gi" submission grappling for sport, self-defense, and fitness purposes. Sessions are available for children and adults starting at $100 per month. Contact 435-714-0321 or sign up at Silver Mountain Sports Club, 2080 Gold Dust Lane in Prospector.
Trending In: Sports
- Basin Recreation asks hikers and bikers for help pulling noxious weeds
- Elite junior golfers opt for homestay instead of hotel during busy competitive season
- Park City Soccer Camps return with new programming and expected World Cup fever
- Deer Valley and Park City Mountain resorts to open lifts for summer season
- Burro racing is all about the animals, competitors say
- Park City driver hits two pedestrians
- Tom Clyde: Vail Resorts is approaching ski town singularity, for better or worse
- Jury trial set in case against Summit County man charged with giving drugs to minors
- Senate candidate Mike Kennedy talks DACA, climate change and Donald Trump in Park City
- Midvale man reaches plea deal in U.S. 40 fatal crash