Summit Ski Team BBQ and hike
July 29, 2014
Everyone is invited to join Summit Ski Team this Sunday, Aug. 3, at 4 p.m. at Pinebrook Park for the team’s annual summer BBQ and Hike. The event will kick off at 4 p.m.
"Please come and mingle with SST Families, Athletes and Coaches," said program director Matt Brown. "Each year, SST has expanded offerings for SST athletes and families and this year is especially exciting as we add two new programs and bring great talent to our coaching staff."
During the 2014-15 ski season, SST will offer programming for athletes from first grade through high school with five established programs and two new ones. These programs include Intro, Intro+, Comp Development, Comp, Alpine Comp, and two new programs, ACE and Ski Miesters.
Summit Ski Team’s new ACE program will give SST U16 and U18 athletes an expanded program from last year’s Alpine Comp program. ACE athletes will have the ability to train mid-week and mid-day to accommodate athletes attending the Winter Sports School as well as students with parent release from Park City High School and Treasure Mountain Middle School. The Ski Meister program is for skiers who have been on Summit Ski Team and want to continue with a team atmosphere without a focus on competition.
For the fifth year in a row, Summit Ski Team will be under the direction of Matt Brown. Matt has a long history in USSA’s Intermountain Division, including being a former Park City Ski Team and Rowmark Ski Academy coach. Summit Ski Team has hired Craig Bowden to run the ACE Program. Craig will head up SST’s Alpine Comp traditional four-day program and the new ACE mid-day early release program. Craig’s last coaching assignment was with Ski Club Vail, where he was the women’s FIS U18 coach. Prior to Vail, Craig coached with the Park City Ski Team, Rowmark Ski Academy and the Ford Sayre program in Hanover, New Hampshire.
Registration for the 2014-15 Ski Season will open up the first week of August and SST is accepting athletes for Intro through the full-time ACE program. More information on each program is available at http://www.summitskiteam.org or by contacting Matt Brown.
Recommended Stories For You
The Summit Ski Team contributes its ongoing success to the strong base of families and coaches who have built and supported the program and its legacy since 2001. As well as the support of great partnerships with Canyons Resort, Park City Mountain Resort, Utah Olympic Park, AlpenFit and Switchback Sports.
The Summit Ski Team is a family-oriented ski club committed to providing a safe, fun and motivating environment for area youth learning to ski and race. Participants develop a foundation for lifelong skiing enjoyment through all-mountain skiing, professional coaching, race training, competition, and team camaraderie.
Trending In: Sports
- Women’s doubles luge, scheduled for Olympic inclusion, debuts in Park City
- Ashley Farquharson, Park City native, leads USA Luge’s women’s juniors
- (Video) Shred for Red fundraiser combines Olympians and cancer research at Deer Valley
- Deer Valley scheduled to open Saturday, with $8 million in improvements
- Park City moves to Class 5A’s Region 5 amid concerns about UHSAA process
- Park City awaits a Friday decision on fate of Olympic bid
- Inside the snowmaking process at Deer Valley Resort (photos)
- Winter Olympics: Park City, Salt Lake City seen as 2026 contingency
- Francis man arrested after shooting at two roommates, narrowly missing them
- Seasonal workers without housing in Park City struggle to find anywhere to live